ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

copy of master degree?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silverTR
Norway

copy of master degree?

Post by silverTR » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi All;
My friend has a case which i want to ask all experienced ones. She is Phd student and university is keeping the master degree diploma. She has notarized copy of master degree. will she be eligible if she apply with that copy ? Should she take a letter from university which explains the situation ?

Thanks indeed

mhkhan

Re: copy of master degree?

Post by mhkhan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:57 pm

I believe its very clear they DO NOT accept copies of degrees and are very particular about seeing the original degree to award points.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 am

silverTR wrote:Hi All;
My friend has a case which i want to ask all experienced ones. She is Phd student and university is keeping the master degree diploma. She has notarized copy of master degree. will she be eligible if she apply with that copy ? Should she take a letter from university which explains the situation ?

Thanks indeed
Read the guidance notes - these provide for circumstances in which HO would accept other proof in lieu of the Original degree
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:21 am

silverTR wrote:Hi All;

Thanks indeed
It is strange to hear that University is keeping master's degree, why?? It makes no sense at all!!