ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding start date of validity of UK visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Query regarding start date of validity of UK visa

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello Guys

Does anyone know if its possible for the validity of granted visa to be starting from a date later than the day its granted ?

I remember when I was applying for EEA Family Permit I requested on the form ( in the section where they ask 'if there is anything else you want to tell us about your application' ) for the validity to be starting two months later than the date of application. We applied few weeks in advance just to be on the safe side.

My visa was issued the very next day but it was valid from the date of issue and not the date of our intended travel to UK. I didn't call them back or something because I thought it was not possible.

However after reading

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=48536

it seems like its possible.

We never actually travelled to UK but out of curiosity, can anyone think of any reason why was my request not entertained ?

Thanks in advance
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Query regarding start date of validity of UK visa

Post by Rozen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:31 pm

inwarsaw wrote: We never actually travelled to UK but out of curiosity, can anyone think of any reason why was my request not entertained ?
It was probably just an oversight by the ECO! They don't seem to take the date of travel seriously, and just put the date they issue the visa, regardless!
The best way forward for those who want post dated visas, is to specifically mention it in the 'additional notes' section.
In your case, you can simply go back to the BHC and ask them to postdate it, as you had originally entered on your application.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks for your reply Rozen.

I am not really bothered actually but just wanted to ask if its possible.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€