ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR PSW APPEAL !!urgent!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

burmanp
Newly Registered

PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR PSW APPEAL !!urgent!!

Post by burmanp » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 am

Hi, since I am going to appeal myself (without a rep/lawyer), any of your help and advice would be much appreciated.
My application was refused due to the facts below.
1. 0 points for the Immigration Status in the UK During the Study
2. 0 points for English Language (which I don't understand why!!)
3. 0 points for Maintenance (Funds)

For 1, I did send them the wrong university letters for the study period and graduation dates. But I now have obtained the correct letter from the university as specified in the Policy Guidance.

For 2, Although I'm not sure, I am assuming that they wouldn't give me points due to the failure in Immigration status. Otherwise, I have my degree and I have nothing else to prove my english.

For 3, I did send them the scanned documents of my overseas bank since I couldn't get them posted to me in time for my application. But now, I have all the original documents as well as the original saving book in my hand.

So basically, I need advice on filling out for the Section 4-G (Grounds of appeal under Non-asylum decision).
The valid grounds can be viewed at http://www.advisasolicitors.co.uk/page. ... peals-info.

-Which ground(s), shall I make my appeal on?

-In my case, shall I just use the box in Section 5 (Statement of addition grounds)?

-Does anyone have the format or template kind of forms for this write-up?

-And lastly, shall I also include my passport with all the original documents for claiming points, in the appeal application to AIT?

The appeal form (AIT 1) is available at http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... 2008_2.pdf

Thank you so much even for your considering helping out.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 pm

From what you have wrote, you already have your grounds. Rewrite and complete them on a piece of paper and attach to section 4 of the form. The important thing is you must response to each reason of the refusal. (Refer to the notice of refusal). Write "Please see enclosed" in the box on section 4. Attach all the original documents you have mentioned but you can keep your original passport and send in the photocopy. Thanks.

burmanp
Newly Registered

Post by burmanp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

fshhddn wrote:From what you have wrote, you already have your grounds. Rewrite and complete them on a piece of paper and attach to section 4 of the form. The important thing is you must response to each reason of the refusal. (Refer to the notice of refusal). Write "Please see enclosed" in the box on section 4. Attach all the original documents you have mentioned but you can keep your original passport and send in the photocopy. Thanks.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I just received the approval of my appeal from AIT and now more wait on the way for HO to request my passport. Apparently it could take like Eight weeks or maybe even more. They and their red tape system, eh!? :s