ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor's visa questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qm0312
Newly Registered

Visitor's visa questions

Post by qm0312 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have a questions of vistor's visa and will be very appreciate if you can kindly advise.

I am currently holding a Tier 1 high skilled worker visa and working full time. I want to invite my cousin come to UK for a holiday, but since my cousin just graduated last year and is doing a part-time job in a shop at the moment, she cannot provide evidence for her income,even she can provide, it will not be a large anount of money. But my cousin is living with my grandparents long time and my grandparents is supporting her for all her expense as well. And if she comes to UK, I will support all her expense here. Therefore I wonder whether I can provide my grandparents and my income statement to support her visitor visa? Do you have any similiar experience?

Thank you very much!

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

Basically what she needs to prove at the consulate/visa office is -

a) She intends to come to UK as a visitor
b) She does not have any intention of working in the UK
c) She plans to return back to her home country before the expiry of the visa
d) She has funds to support her stay in UK

If you are supporting her then that should help, but if she can show funds in her own account, then that is taken more favourably rather than those of family members.

Based on the experiences of a friend who was working with his father in their family business, VFS in Delhi did not accept the father's bank statements. Having said this, your cousin can try and see if the visa office/consulate accept bank statements of her grandparents.