ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age Limit of TIER 1 Spouse

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desertman

Age Limit of TIER 1 Spouse

Post by desertman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:08 pm

I m bit confused please confirm me, what is the age limit of spouse of TIER 1 Skilled Worked (spouse is outside the UK and wants to come in UK on Tier 1 Dependent) either it is 18 or it 21 ??

tnx plz reply.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Age Limit of TIER 1 Spouse

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

desertman wrote:I m bit confused please confirm me, what is the age limit of spouse of TIER 1 Skilled Worked (spouse is outside the UK and wants to come in UK on Tier 1 Dependent) either it is 18 or it 21 ??

tnx plz reply.
Depending on the legal age of marriage in the home country. In india it is 18. But if you have got passport for your spouse in your home country than it is understood that you are eligible as per the legal limits.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm

21 years limit on spouse age is only for settlement visas. Home Office did clarify in the Tier 1 guidance notes that this restriction does not apply to Tier 1 dependants.

desertman

Post by desertman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 pm

thanks for your replies.

my wife's visa got rejected from Abu Dhabi on the basis that she is under 21. They also didnt give chance for appeal and said any future application before 21 years will be refused.

what should do?