ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jcisco

PBS Dependant

Post by jcisco » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi all,
I am in UK on HSMP/Tier 1(G). I am getting married in few months time & planning to apply for dependant visa for my wife. She doesn't have passport at the moment. My question is if she apply for the passport now, does she have to change her name in the passport after marriage or she can apply for visa without changing it ?
The other question is about the accomodation proof. "PBS Dependant Guidance" notes doesnt say anything about the accomodation proof I need to show while applying. Is there any one who has applied recently ? Can you pls let me know what docs they have asked for ?

vks

Re: PBS Dependant

Post by vks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 pm

jcisco wrote:Hi all,
I am in UK on HSMP/Tier 1(G). I am getting married in few months time & planning to apply for dependant visa for my wife. She doesn't have passport at the moment. My question is if she apply for the passport now, does she have to change her name in the passport after marriage or she can apply for visa without changing it ?

There is no rule for the dependant to change their names in the passport!

The other question is about the accomodation proof. "PBS Dependant Guidance" notes doesnt say anything about the accomodation proof I need to show while applying. Is there any one who has applied recently ? Can you pls let me know what docs they have asked for ?
You are correct that there is no guidanceon accomodation proof.

The only documents that you needed as follows

What do my dependants need to make an application?
They will need to satisfy the conditions set out in Paragraph 319A to 319K and Appendix E of the Immigration Rules which can be found on the UK Border Agency website. They will need to make their application using form VAF10 either online or on paper depending upon the facilities available in the country in which they are applying. They will also need the following:
their passport or travel document;
a recent passport sized photograph (if the application is successful, the photographs provided will be reproduced on the visa vignette)
please note - photographs should measure 45mm x 35mm and be:
in colour taken against a white background;
clear and of good quality and not framed or backed;
printed on normal photographic paper;
full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering (unless it is worn for cultural or religious reasons but the face must not be covered)
the visa fee. This cannot be refunded and they must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where they are applying;
their biometric details;
supporting documents relevant to their application.
What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?
Your dependants should include all the documents necessary to show that they qualify for entry to the UK as your dependant. If they do not, we may refuse their application.
As a guide, your dependants should include:
evidence of their relationship to you;
evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.
We will refuse their application/s if we find that any documents are false.
Regards,
vks

jcisco

Post by jcisco » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks VKS, that was very quick. I was getting confused by reading some previous posts which mentioned that you have to show Tenancy agreement and NOC letter as accomodation proof. But I guess the rules are changed !!!?? Just to confirm, I am in the UK from last three years so Do I have to show £533 +£800 =£1333 for three months or just £533 for three months?

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

You'll need to show £533 + £800

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

jcisco wrote: have to show £533 +£800 =£1333 for three months

skumar123a

Hi

Post by skumar123a » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,

Do we need to show tenancy agreement. I was thinking of showing 3 months water bills and a letter from my friend. Tenancy agreement is on my friends name. he will give no objection letter and his visa copy. He will mention that he has no objection untill i find another house.
So is this fine or 3 months bills fine.

Thank you