ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with EEA Family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Estera
Newly Registered

Help with EEA Family permit

Post by Estera » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 pm

hey guys
mu question is simple my husband is ghanian citzen he hopefuly will soon apply for his family permit ,though im polish citzen living and working in UK since 2006,anyway i might face the problem currently i got far i might be lose my job by redudancy...anyway is possibl he will be granted visa even if will be temporarily on job seekers allowance or not?as i knw the EEA national has to excercis treaty rights it is only being employed ?
anks for any help

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 am

if you are active job seeker it means that you are exercising your EU treaty rights you do not have to be employed to exercise your treaty rights.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Help with EEA Family permit

Post by Rozen » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 am

Estera wrote:hey guys
mu question is simple my husband is ghanian citzen he hopefuly will soon apply for his family permit ,though im polish citzen living and working in UK since 2006,anyway i might face the problem currently i got far i might be lose my job by redudancy...anyway is possibl he will be granted visa even if will be temporarily on job seekers allowance or not?as i knw the EEA national has to excercis treaty rights it is only being employed ?
anks for any help
Should be okay. Job seeking is also excersing your treaty rights! Just make sure you include your proof of job seeking (obviously job seeking allowance is) in the application.