ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Employment

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lyam
Newly Registered

Temporary Employment

Post by Lyam » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 am

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing through websites looking for more information regarding 'temporary employment'.

I wish to pursue a career in customer service/administration/HR.

From my understanding; before I can apply for a work permit, I must first have a legitimate job offer.

So far, that seems fine.

I just have a few questions.

1) Do a lot of employers allow foreign workers? If so, do they add a note on a job description?

2) If I was to move to Canada and work, I'd rent. I've done research and I am looking for a job in Saskatchewan. I currently cannot find any information on renting prices. If anyone knows, could you please tell?

3) On what evidence can the immigration office reject your application? Health, stability, loyalty, salary, age, disability, etc.

4) What is the maximum time you can work in Canada?

5) How do employers feel about hiring foreign workers?

Thanks in advance.

-Lyam

Forgot to add: I am an Enlish citizen and I have a French passport.

GraceAlone
Newly Registered

Post by GraceAlone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Lyam

Have you got any work experience in the field you are wanting to pursue?
Why a temporary work permit? No intention of settling there?

getting a job offer from canada, without a specific degree or managerial experience is quite difficult as the employer has to get permission from the government (certificate) proving that cannot get local staff which u then produce to canadian embassy here.....

There may be another way..

NedBarrows
Newly Registered

Possibility

Post by NedBarrows » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:24 pm

You may want to look into the Canadian laws regarding student immigrates. It may be a little easier if your take that route. Good Luck!