ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent ILR Query - Can someone please help?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psridh
Newly Registered

Urgent ILR Query - Can someone please help?

Post by psridh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 am

Dear Friends,

I'm desperately looking for some urgent advice regarding application of ILR.

My Background:
I applied for HSMP Visa in Nov 2005 and got the approval on 22nd Decemeber 2005. I was granted permission to enter and work in the UK (entry clearance) on the 3rd March 2006.

Problem is even though I got my visa stamped in Mar2006 I entered UK only in June 2006, and towards the end of the first year received a further leave to remain until March 2011.

Can someone kindly advice me if under the high court ruling, will i be eligible to apply for PR status towards the end of my 4th year which falls on 19th July 2010, because on the UK home office website it clearly states the ruling applies to 'applicants who applied into HSMP before 3 April 2006, received an approval letter and came to or stayed in the United Kingdom on the basis of that letter'.

** Does this mean I should've entered into UK before 3rd April?

** Am I eligible to apply for settlement in the coming months, as I'll be completing 4 years in June 2010.

** If I can earliest by when should I look to apply, should I use the form SET(O) or something else.

** If I'm fortunate enough to get an ILR will my dependent spouse who's due to join me soon be able to work as doctor in training ?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Many thanks

Regards
prav

preethimah
Newly Registered

british citizenship visa

Post by preethimah » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:51 pm

hi evryone,
i am currently on a 21/2 year visa after applying under new July 2013 law for 7 years old children born in the uk. i'll have to renew until totals up to 10 years for me and my daughter to get settlement. my daughter was born in 2004 in uk and i have been in the country for 11 years now. i had some problems in 2007 on a revocation case due to bogus college. i made appeals n applications until got my visa in oct 2013 until april 2016. apparently the ilr has been stopped by that time. i know my daughter is eligible to apply for her naturalisation ( she's 11 years old) but then what happens to my status and how long does it take the home office to deal with this applications . my other option for both of us is to apply as dependant on my husband who will be applying for his settlement this year. (we are on different visas due to immigration problems in the past). please advise on whats best at the moment. thx u all