ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Loads of PSW Related Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silverexplore
Newly Registered

Loads of PSW Related Queries

Post by silverexplore » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi All,

Beware: This post is gonna be quite long, as I am gushing my questions out!

Well, I applied for my PSW on 02/01/2010 (Student visa expires only by 31/01/2010). Today, I checked the post office tracking and saw that its delivered. Excellent! Only after you send something, you start realising down under your gut some stings of fear. I am no different. Lets go on. As of my knowledge, I have done everything perfect.

a) Good maintenance funds history
b) University Degree
c) University letter confirming successful, completion of the course.
d) Passport,
e) postal orders (2* 250)

So, you might wonder what is my worry! Here we go! Lucky for me I landed a job (full-time) when I was about to complete the course. (No job specifics, here). I was then happy the company would take care of my visa problems, but later figured that I am the first international student to be recruited by the firm, and hence they have just started to go through the process of getting their company enlisted in the sponsor certified companies list. (Again, You know how slow HR is at this, with no discredit to the company, no one is to blame).

Hence, envisaging the delay, I proposed to my boss that I will go ahead and apply for PSW and once the company gets the sponsor, I shall transition to HSMP (Tier - what ever, havent read the details yet).

Henceforth, the happenings, n now I have successfully applied for the visa. Now comes the real question:

Well I started my job on the 1st of September, 40 hours per week (any standard job), and thereon, on every salary day have paid my share of NI and tax credits without fail (infact, they are deducted directly from my salary). Now as the PSW application doesnt ask for any details of employment at all, I dint attach my offer letter, or pay-slip or anything of that sort related to the work, with my application ( I am not sure if this is right or wrong, but have given every other evidence to match the points). Secondly, as my visa is still only a student, the visa states I am not eligible to work more than 20 hours. But during vacations and after end of course, the student is allowed to work > 20 hours (this is the standard rule, I even enquired at the university), which is what I am exactly doing. But I have a peculiar doubt if I am actually doing the opposite, meaning is this in some way not allowed? N will this affect the verdict of my application?

If No, well an good, If yes, do point me to how I should go ahead with the appeal, or if by that time my employer gets the sponsor, which application should I pursue to complete for my visa transition.

Thank in advance.

I look forward to your replies.
I hope I have put forward my views correctly, in case its otherwise, please point out and I shall explain further.

Thanks
SilverExplorer

kulksnikhil1

Re: Loads of PSW Related Queries

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:20 pm

silverexplore wrote:Hi All,

....Well I started my job on the 1st of September, ... Secondly, as my visa is still only a student, the visa states I am not eligible to work more than 20 hours. ...
If ur course finished before ( including submitting dissertation, if there was one) u started ur job, then u r safe on both worries. otherwise... don't worry u cann;t do much about it .. and mostly a week or two of working extra than allowed shouldn't affect your PSW Visa.

oilly

Re: Loads of PSW Related Queries

Post by oilly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:53 pm

kulksnikhil1 wrote:
silverexplore wrote:Hi All,

....Well I started my job on the 1st of September, ... Secondly, as my visa is still only a student, the visa states I am not eligible to work more than 20 hours. ...
If ur course finished before ( including submitting dissertation, if there was one) u started ur job, then u r safe on both worries. otherwise... don't worry u cann;t do much about it .. and mostly a week or two of working extra than allowed shouldn't affect your PSW Visa.

indeed

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:29 am

u ll b fine coz u hv already finished ur studies

aliale
Newly Registered

Post by aliale » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:43 am

Why do you have two postal orders of 250 ? They just want one transaction of 500 I think. Have a gut feeling they might send you back your application mate.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 am

Bear in mind though on a student visa WRT to working you are not allowed to 'pursue a career' so it's possible they might get you on this breach.

Highly unlikely though...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

esjay1984
Newly Registered

Post by esjay1984 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

hey mate dun worry :) i have the same case ive been working full time as a software architect after the 30th of sep when i handed in my disso ... :) dun worry they have ur NI if you gave em n they can check if require :) best of luck with ur app ... i applied on the 22nd of dec with my postal orders and my degree cert + all formal requirements and an excellent maintentence history .... got the ack letter dated 24th dec on the 4th of jan cuz of postal delays / vacations and am waiting now :) keep me posted about your result as i guess we're in the same boat ... i had loads of queries like you had too lol ... but finally didnt submit my employment letter / payslips cuz it can confuse the case workers ... best to keep your app straightforward :)

all the best..

silverexplore
Newly Registered

Post by silverexplore » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks for all your replies, esjay - u sound convincing. And with regards to two Postal Order doubt, the limit on one postal order is 250, so u need to sent two mate.
And esjay, I have indeed given my NI number, something tells me everything will be fine. Will keep you all updated.