ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement and salary slips translation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sns12345
Newly Registered

Bank statement and salary slips translation

Post by sns12345 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for UK Tier 1 General visa and will be claiming points for 12 months work experience in France. However my problem is that the payslips and bank statements are in french. I have requested my employer to provide me with a letter stating the salary drawn both gross and net.
Is it sufficient to translate that letter in english and to mention in the cover application.
Also what should I do about the bank statement as the name of the company appears in the bank statement with the salary figure. So is there a point in translating it ?

Has anyone faced a similar situation and any guidance would be really helpful

Thanks in advance

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 am

All documents should be submitted in original and if they are not in english than they should be translated in English.

sns12345
Newly Registered

Post by sns12345 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

thanks for your reply chetanojha. however my problem is how can one translate a bank statement. thats why i asked if any one has done this before.also since french and english numbers are same there wont be any translation of it.
also even if I give someone for translation does it mean they need to only translate the line which says the name of company and amount received.
rather than all the lines in the statement.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 pm

sns12345 wrote:thanks for your reply chetanojha. however my problem is how can one translate a bank statement. thats why i asked if any one has done this before.also since french and english numbers are same there wont be any translation of it.
also even if I give someone for translation does it mean they need to only translate the line which says the name of company and amount received.
I think mvent has done this before. You can check with him for the bank statements. But yes you need to translate the bank statement too even if the numbers are in elglish/similar but descriptions are not.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Please see this link:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=44275

Yes Chetan, I got translation of even my bank account transactions (for each single entry, for twelve months). Sounds stupid though, but better safe than sorry. They need this, so sns12345 you have to do this. Please feel free to discuss if you have any further issues. Good luck.

chetanojha wrote:
sns12345 wrote:thanks for your reply chetanojha. however my problem is how can one translate a bank statement. thats why i asked if any one has done this before.also since french and english numbers are same there wont be any translation of it.
I think mvent has done this before. You can check with him for the bank statements. But yes you need to translate the bank statement too even if the numbers are in elglish/similar but descriptions are not.