ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visit Visa Refusal Case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dr-Java

UK Visit Visa Refusal Case

Post by Dr-Java » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I applied for the six months visit visa for my parents which have been refused.

Major objections are as follow:

1. Inadequate information about the accomdation available to visa applicant.
- I dont live in 2 bedroom house, thats why I did not explicity mention about available bedrooms.

2. Inadequate information about the financial activity of applicant and because they are completely dependant on me,
due to this reason there are bright chances that applicant will not come back on time.

Home office have given us a right to appeal. I need to know that how can we justify these objections ?
Or these objections are of such nature that it would not be a good idea to appeal ? Please advise.

If anyone does not have exact answer of this query but do know any law firm which at least give free advice then that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Java.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: UK Visit Visa Refusal Case

Post by Rozen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 am

Dr-Java wrote:I applied for the six months visit visa for my parents which have been refused.

Major objections are as follow:

1. Inadequate information about the accomdation available to visa applicant.
- I dont live in 2 bedroom house, thats why I did not explicity mention about available bedrooms.

2. Inadequate information about the financial activity of applicant and because they are completely dependant on me,
due to this reason there are bright chances that applicant will not come back on time.

Home office have given us a right to appeal. I need to know that how can we justify these objections ?
Or these objections are of such nature that it would not be a good idea to appeal ? Please advise.

If anyone does not have exact answer of this query but do know any law firm which at least give free advice then that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Java.
* Are you the sponsor?
* Did you mention anything about accomodation at all?
* Did you mention (and provide evidence ie. bank statements) that you were financially able to support them during their stay?
* Perhaps the best would be to re-apply (if you can afford to), with all the evidence in place, as appeals take forever!

Dr-Java

Post by Dr-Java » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Answers to your questions

* Are you the sponsor?
>> Yes I am a Sponsor.

* Did you mention anything about accomodation at all?
>> I attached my tenency agreement, Council Tax bill and Water bill

* Did you mention (and provide evidence ie. bank statements) that you were financially able to support them during their stay?
>> Yes I attached my payslips, bank statement with sufficient funds.
Apart from this I attached some other documents like
- Sponsorship/Invitation Letter
- Copy of Passport
- Property papers which are owned by my parents
- Marriage Certificate - translation
- Few College Fee slips of my brother
(Just to show that we have strong belongings to the country and they will come back on time)

* Perhaps the best would be to re-apply (if you can afford to), with all the evidence in place, as appeals take forever!

Please advise

Thanks
Dr-Java

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

you can get a "housing inspection for entry clearence" done by your local council where they come to look at the house to issue a letter stating that by the applicant coming to stay there it would not be "overcrowded" according the the Housing Act 1985

Dr-Java

Post by Dr-Java » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I live in a One bedroom house along with my wife and a small kid, it is my gut feelings if I do house inspection, it would be really hard to get the letter that house would not be over crowded.
Would it be a good idea if I make a hotel booking but then a question is I did not mention about hotel booking at first place, I always said that they will stay with me.

Thanks
Dr-Java

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Why dont you just move into a bigger property and then reapply again giving details of your new and bigger house.

After all its going to be tight with 4 adults and 1 child in a 1 bed room house/flat.

I am not suprised you have been refused and will almost certainly do so again even though you may get a housing report

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 pm

one bedroom is awfully small for so many people. Even if there was no overcrowding rule and this was accepted, I would think it would be pretty awkward. I'm pretty sure you need atleast a two bedroom property for the purpose of this visa.
I tell it like it is.