ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit for baby born outside UK

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minnieme80
Newly Registered

Child benefit for baby born outside UK

Post by minnieme80 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

Hi I'm ILR holder (from Malaysia) and my husband is British. My baby is going to be born in my home country and i understand that she will be a British by descent.

However, im not sure if we are entitle for child benefit. Does the Benefits dept accept birth cert issued by Malaysia?

Do i have to prove that she is a british as well coz in the application form, it only ask for birth cert of the child and not passport.

Newly Registered

Re: Child benefit for baby born outside UK

Post by 007 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:15 pm

minnieme80 wrote:Hi I'm ILR holder (from Malaysia) and my husband is British. My baby is going to be born in my home country and i understand that she will be a British by descent.

However, im not sure if we are entitle for child benefit. Does the Benefits dept accept birth cert issued by Malaysia?
Yes, you are entitled for CB, as far as you hold ILR, British citizen, or you country has a mutual agreement with UK.
Yes, oversea birth certificates are acceptable if they are translated into English, and certified by your embassy or foreign ministry in your home country.
Do i have to prove that she is a british as well coz in the application form, it only ask for birth cert of the child and not passport.
Birth cert + passport (father or mother).