ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinate leave to enter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbakerps
Newly Registered

indefinate leave to enter

Post by gbakerps » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 am

I am currenty living in South Africa and I have been married for 20 years to a british national and we plan to move to the UK in March. I have no idea how to apply for indefinate leave to remain. Can anyone help/

sairishlass
Newly Registered

Post by sairishlass » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 pm

You'd probably have to do what we did. I lived in SA for 26 years and am married to a South African. We had to apply for a settlement visa for him (I've got a British passport) before we could move back to UK. Visa is valid for two years and the month before it expires you can then apply for ILR. You'll also have to pass a Life in the UK test before applying for ILR. All fun and games. The settlement visa costs a couple of thousand of Rands and then the ILR application will cost another £850.
Good Luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.