ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salaried plus self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zabiela

Salaried plus self employed

Post by zabiela » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Dear Members,
I'm going to apply for tier 1 very soon and am having some confusion over my earnings. My Earnings are both from salaried employment (2 sources) as well as contractual work (1 source).
1) From salaried employment i have earned approx £19k and have payslips and bank statements as proofs. Now, i'm paid fortnightly by my employer and payment processing dates are different from paydates (paydates are 1 week later than processing dates). If i'm taking the period, for example, from 28 Jan '09 to 27 Jan '10, my bank statements will show the transactions (salary deposit) on 28 Jan, 11 Feb, 25 Feb (all in 2009).......13 Jan 2010, 27 Jan 2010. But my payslips will have (payment processing) dates as 21 Jan, 4 feb, 28 feb (in 2009) ...... 6 Jan 2010, 20 Jan 2010. Now will that be a problem, as they might say that my first salary slip has the date 21 Jan which falls out of the claimed period (28 Jan09 to 27 Jan10) even though my bank statement clearly shows the transaction on 28 Jan? I hope i have made my question clear enough!
2) My second source of earning is through contractual work, for which i'm paid in INR. I do the contractual work online and i have the bank statements (indian) and contract from clients to back it up. Also, i'm getting a letter from my managing agent (CA) to back my claims. To make things crystal clear, i'm also supplying them the invoices which i've provided to my clients for my services. Question is am i eligible to multiply my INR earnings by 5.3 while i do the consulting from here (UK)? Secondly, since the earnings are below (Indian) tax threshold, what do i need to mention in my CA letter? Just my gross earnings, client name? Lastly, my bank statements shows my address in india, would that be a problem (it is verifiable from my passport though)?
Thanks for any comments / suggestions.