ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalistation for my wife (born in Colombia)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tom Maher
Newly Registered

Irish Naturalistation for my wife (born in Colombia)

Post by Tom Maher » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 pm

I am Irish and my wife is Colombian. Both of us live in London. She has naturalised as a UK citizen as have I. Can she now become Irish by naturalisation whilst we continue to live in London?

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Don't think so....actually no I'm sure you have to be resident on the Island of Ireland for a continuous period of I think 3-5 years before applying for naturalization. Does not matter if you are married to an Irish citizen.....

If you both lived in Northern Ireland it would be a different story! Sorry

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 am

Not possible. Irish citizenship by marriage was closed to new applicants in 2005.

But with a British passport she can move to Ireland, also become naturalised Irish in due course. Or Northern Ireland may be an option.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 am

she have to be a resident in ireland for 3-5 years to be naturlaized, doesn't mattter if she have british passport. and why do u need irish passport for her if she have a british one? also if she get irish passport in due course, her colombian would be lost , i think the max nationalities at one time u can get is 2.