ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cash transactionsTier 1 General Rejected for self-employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haksmile
Newly Registered

cash transactionsTier 1 General Rejected for self-employed

Post by haksmile » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out here. I have like 2 weeks to prepare an appeal. Deadline 20th January 2010.

I am a Self-empolyed person and have had 3 businesses run simultaneously.
1) Giants Professional Success Mentor
2) Sales at Celica Marketing
3) Sales at Mozaic Marketing

I submitted my application with the necessary invoices and receipts for all the three.

Now some of these transactions were paid to me in cash and some in the Bank(most). What the H/O has done is said that they cannot verify my cash transactions in the bank and therefore are rejecting my application. (£16730-BACS; ~£5000-Cash; £20000 needed for 15 points)
the only proof i have for these transactions is the invoices for each of the sales and a letter from my contractor (Celica and Mozaic) stating I have been paid the necessary amounts in cash on the exact dates. I was under the impression that these would stand as 2 proofs as the home office has stated that for earning atleast 2 proofs must be provided in each earning summary.

What annoyed me is that from my contractor I submitted 2 pages stapled together. the first stating on company letter head (with signatures) that the page behind had the earning summaries of mine on those particular dates. What the officer has done is seperated both the pages so now you cannot connect the two and the second page looks like a fake document as it is not on company letter head.

Another mistake the Officer made is in my report they have typed the dates wrongly saying "they could not corroborate my earning from 02Nov08- 15Feb08" instead of 02Nov08-15Feb09"
Can i use this as a point against my appeal or is it not significant.

I would really appreciate if anyone could answer this question of mine cause i am quite uncertain of how to go about doing things...

Thank you for reading............

HakSmile

mubu

Post by mubu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Did you apply as self employed?

Were you paying salary to yourself every month?

Do you have all salary slips and bank statements to match, I'm not sure if you can apply as salaried.

haksmile
Newly Registered

Post by haksmile » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:57 pm

HI,
Thanks for your reply,

I applied as self-employed. NO i dont pay a salary to myself. I get my commissions from my sales (Celica and Mozaic) and i sign contracts with people for mentoring (Giants). The money i make is directly mine.

I am Self-employed. I have confirmed that with many. ONly that I appied for my UTR/registered Self-employed in October last year but still havent received my UTR. I shall call the authorities up tomorrow and find out.

I did give proof to the H/O that i had applied for self-employment. The only reason they have mentioned why my application was not accepted was that they could not verify the cash transactions. That took my earnings down to £16.7k from £23.5K. I am not sure how to make it look more genuine cause in business there always are a certain number of transactions that usually happen in cash.