ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help Plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ksharmin

Need Urgent Help Plz

Post by ksharmin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Hello friends,
I m on very odd situation.
I did my PG Diploma and on PSW now, it will expire on september.but as Home Office requirements I can’t apply for Tier 1 (General) unless I have got masters degree.
I was searching for the universities and colleges where from I can do my Dissertation from., within this time.can anyone please suggests any colleges or any universities name, where from I can do my dissertation and can get Masters.

i heard from some one i can top up my degree which is mba top up. duration is 6 month but the problem is to apply for this eligibility is must IELTS 5 or 6 score. because i will apply through my previous qualification which is from back home. i haven't IELTS. At this moment I need all of your support my friend. I haven't much time to do IELTS first and then apply for admission? at this situation what can i do ? is it any uni or college offer to top up this degree without IELTS or i can do with them any short english course ?
Plz friends i m waiting for your reply. My time is going?
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:59 pm

I don't know if I am wrong but I think IELTS is a just a formality. Some courses just skip that requirement (what matters is the fee, right?).Why don't you ask your own uni. if you can continue to do masters there? Nothing to lose by trying. Chat with the dean. thanks.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 pm

I doubt the original poster went to university, I suspect it was a private college offering an internally awarded post grad diploma. I could be wrong however.

ksharmin, not all universities have the same requirements, so shop around. Perhaps you could show them your previous essays or assignments to give them an idea about your English skills.

However in my experience universities do not offer places to people who need English classes. I have however seen them do pre enrolment summer schools for overseas students, orientation classes, and classes in essay writing skills and such like.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Agree with paperpusher.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 pm

hello friends,
As i told you before I did my PG Diploma and on PSW now, it will expire on september.but as Home Office requirements I can’t apply for Tier 1 (General) unless I have got masters degree.
Now i decided i m going to take a admission for masters very soon. but the problem is that it will take 1 year but i haven,t got much time to finish within this time.So i have to switch back to student visa again through this time. My question is now
when i will get my result which is complete my master shell i able switch
Tier 1 general? other requeirments as can i claim for my previous earning?
bcz of that i can,t apply for psw as i already got it?
which option is for me?
Any good advice wiil be highly apprieciated.
Wating for reply

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Though not a solution.. I can give you one solid hope ... there is a proposal to change some of the Tier 1 General requirements.. one of such requirement changes is reverting back to 'requirement of only a bachelor's degree.

see link below (Bullet point 2)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... mac-tier-1

I think, you can hope that these changes will be enforced in April this year !!!

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks for your reply
kulksnikhil1
But the thing is for me masters and bachelor's degree any degree
will be same bcz of need to finish. so why not masters?
any suggesion plz

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Once you have obtained the masters, you can switch to Tier1 General. To continue doing your masters, you will have to switch to a student visa in the UK, when your PSW is expiring(in September). You must meet all requirements to apply for a student visa which includes confirmation that you have enrolled and r studying for the course and have paid your fees. Your attendance must be a full-time student. If you have started your studies for more than 4 months by September when your PSW expires, you will only have to show maintenance funds for 2 months. See Tier4 policy guidance page 23 para 113. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Tq.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for your reply
fshhddn
I hope i can fufil the requirements. one thing is not clear to me. could you plz explain me clearly ?
if i take admission in this month or february and start classes shell i able to switch tier 1 general before expire my current visa ? or need to switch first as a student visa untill finish? As the course will be 12 month period
so due to my visa expire time i could nearly finish study may be 2 to 4 month will be left.
Plz waiting for reply
Thanks

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 pm

when your PSW expires, you haven’t got your masters yet. You must have your masters first to apply for Tier1 General, unless if the requirement changes and you only need to show your PGD. Therefore, just wait until September. Who knows, things change. Good luck.

ksharmin

Post by ksharmin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks for reply
You r right.
But the thing ,is it possible to switch from student to Tier 1 general?
plz reply