ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extention

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hbpank
Newly Registered

HSMP Extention

Post by hbpank » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Hello All,

Everything is ready for Courier tomorrow.I am applying for HSMP Tier 1 Extension. Should i send my application and my Dependent's application in the same Envelope or Different one ?

Because address for both has been bit difference (Different department).
Any thoughts ?

Thanks in Advance.

--- Hbpank

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Same envelop.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Extention

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

hbpank wrote:Hello All,

Everything is ready for Courier tomorrow.I am applying for HSMP Tier 1 Extension. Should i send my application and my Dependent's application in the same Envelope or Different one ?

Because address for both has been bit difference (Different department).
Any thoughts ?

Thanks in Advance.

--- Hbpank
Send it in same envelope. PLs find an excerpt from Dependant application fee section instructions.

For this application to be considered at a reduced rate, or free of charge, the dependant must be the spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, or child under 18 of the main applicant. Furthermore the dependant’s application must be made at the same time as the main applicant’s application. To assist in the processing of the application, you are advised to send any dependant applications in the same envelope as that of the main applicant.

hbpank
Newly Registered

Post by hbpank » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks a lot Chetan and Aruni.

One more question. I know this sound bit silly but i dont have much time. so do not want to take any Risk.
If i would send by Special Deliver, will that be considered as Courier, Right ? So that should be sent on

UK Border Agency
Tier 1
Millburngate House
Millburngate
Durham
DH97 1PA

right ??

Or on
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
P O Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 am

hbpank wrote:Thanks a lot Chetan and Aruni.

One more question. I know this sound bit silly but i dont have much time. so do not want to take any Risk.
If i would send by Special Deliver, will that be considered as Courier, Right ? So that should be sent on

UK Border Agency
Tier 1
Millburngate House
Millburngate
Durham
DH97 1PA

right ??

Or on
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
P O Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ
Royal mail Special Delivery is NOT Courier Service... It is postal service.. So send it to postal Address not courier address..

hbpank
Newly Registered

Post by hbpank » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks Ramesh,

That was quite quick,
I thought difference between Post and Courier would be to accept courier someone need to sign it over. whereas post would be simply drop box.

One more thing,
Does UK Border send any ackowledgement for this or not ? Do i need to send them any self Address envelope for this ?
Or special delivery i would get a confirmation from post only that they have delivered the Letter on so and so dates.

hbpank

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:27 am

hbpank wrote:Thanks Ramesh,

That was quite quick,
I thought difference between Post and Courier would be to accept courier someone need to sign it over. whereas post would be simply drop box.

One more thing,
Does UK Border send any ackowledgement for this or not ? Do i need to send them any self Address envelope for this ?
Or special delivery i would get a confirmation from post only that they have delivered the Letter on so and so dates.

hbpank
No, UKBA wont send any acknowledgement.. though SD shd be something like that.. the best way u will know that it has reached them is the nextday when the fee is deducted from ur account as they are very quick in doing that.. this is my exp..

hbpank
Newly Registered

Post by hbpank » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks a lot Ramesh,
You have been rightly designated as GURU,

hbpank