ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two UK Workpermit at the Same time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amit_cris
Newly Registered

Two UK Workpermit at the Same time

Post by amit_cris » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 am

Hi All,

I have Valid UK Tier1 Visa, got it stamped 6 months back. But i am still based in India with my India employer and never entered UK.

If my Present employer send me to UK on company specific work Permit ( not on my Tier1 Visa) then what would be the status of my current Tier1 Visa ?.

Will my Current Tier1 Visa remain valid and i can switch to Tier1 Visa and change the job ?, or my Tier1 visa will be cancelled if i got company specific visa stamped on my passport.

Any reply shall be much appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:29 am

amit_cris wrote:or my Tier1 visa will be cancelled if i got company specific visa stamped on my passport.
Yes!
If you have Tier 1 entry clearance stamped and then go for a work permit EC this will supercede your previous Tier 1 EC.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Just to add .....

Tier 1 (General) is not a "work permit", Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) are!

regards

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 am

Whichever visa you got later has actually cancelled your earlier one.

I was on a work permit before I switched to Tier 1 General. It was stated very clearly in the letter I received with my Tier1 that my previous visa was cancelled, even though it was still valid for 2 years.