ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GreenCard Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VPR
Newly Registered

GreenCard Renewal

Post by VPR » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 am

Hi ,
One of my friends got green card in 2008 April.
But he joined the company/came to ireland in Sep2008.
His green card renewal would be in this March.
I would like to know What is the situation now?
means I heard that INIS will give stamp 4 when the candidate finishes his 21 months with the employer/staying in Ireland after getting the Green card.

As my friend is going to complete only 18 months in March 2010 arriving Ireland/joining the employer.
What they will do now will they give stamp 1 for three months and then they will give stamp 4 or is there any other process.

Kindly need any suggestions.

Thanks a lot in advance.

victor8600

Re: GreenCard Renewal

Post by victor8600 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

VPR wrote:...I heard that INIS will give stamp 4 when the candidate finishes his 21 months with the employer/....
Who said that? I never heard anything like that.

I think you are overcomplicating matters. When your friend's INIS registration expires, he must go to INIS to register. If his Work Permit (Green Card) is still valid, he will get Stamp 1 for 1 year or until the WP/GC is valid. If WP expires in three months, then he will get a Stamp 1 for 3 months.

If his Green Card work permit expires, he is to go to INIS and present the expired GC, his P60 for the last year, and the recent-most payslip to prove that he is still in employment. INIS will give him "stamp 4" for 1 year.
All your base are belong to us

VPR
Newly Registered

Post by VPR » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Victor Thanks for the reply.
I am not complicating it but the other friend of mine they got the information from the immigration saying " INIS will give stamp 4 when the candidate finishes his 21 months with the employer".

Thats what I posted here to get any other information from the people who were in the same situation.

once again many thanks for the reply.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:11 am

Hi VPR,
When in doubt no harm in contacting INIS.This is link to their website:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Re ... ork_Permit
Regards
Tiggs

VPR
Newly Registered

Post by VPR » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi Tiggs,

Many thanks
I got the same info from INIS.
here is the link
http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/newslett ... .php?id=62.
Now when if my friend goes for the renewal then only he can know whether they will refer to DETE.
Thanks for the reply.