ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part time study on Tier-1 (General) visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mfwales

Part time study on Tier-1 (General) visa

Post by mfwales » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier-1 (General) visa. I am wishing to do a one week part time study on a certificate course. I am also self employed.

Please can anyone let me know if I am allowed to enrol for part time study in the UK? Is it allowed via HO notification or do I need to take separate approval from HO to enrol for the course or is it at the descretion of the college offering the course whether to accept me or not? I would appreciate if anyone points me to a HO web link that allows / dis allows this.

Thank you all in advance.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Part time study on Tier-1 (General) visa

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

mfwales wrote:Hi All,

I am on Tier-1 (General) visa. I am wishing to do a one week part time study on a certificate course. I am also self employed.

Please can anyone let me know if I am allowed to enrol for part time study in the UK? Is it allowed via HO notification or do I need to take separate approval from HO to enrol for the course or is it at the descretion of the college offering the course whether to accept me or not? I would appreciate if anyone points me to a HO web link that allows / dis allows this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0dac712554

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Part time study on Tier-1 (General) visa

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 pm

mfwales wrote:Hi All,

You can also do part time MBA as long as you are earning enough for your extension.

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for your replies. I am still waiting to hear back from the college I intend to enrol into, for the course. I will post back if they refuse. Thanks again.

mfwales

Post by mfwales » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:04 pm

The college has informed me that I am OK o take the course. After some research I found the following links which mentions the legal rights for those wishing to take up further studies in the UK.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... i.php#cat1

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in- ... ibilities/

Thanks all for your response and time.

Cheers!