ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query regarding bank account statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eager2learn

query regarding bank account statements

Post by eager2learn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi,
My current bank account is joint with my spouse which is where my and her salary comes in. This is what I am going to show for last 12 months in my application as proof of earnings. Is it a problem? I can show the marriage certificate to prove the other account holder is my wife. Will that be necessary?

Also for maintenence fund of minimum £800, does it have to be fixed at that or it can vary?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: query regarding bank account statements

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

eager2learn wrote:Hi,
My current bank account is joint with my spouse which is where my and her salary comes in. This is what I am going to show for last 12 months in my application as proof of earnings. Is it a problem? I can show the marriage certificate to prove the other account holder is my wife. Will that be necessary? You can use joint account and provide marriage certificate if your wife is also applying for dependent visa along with you

Also for maintenence fund of minimum £800, does it have to be fixed at that or it can vary?It cannot go below that amount even by a penny for the whole 3 months

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
My current bank account is joint with my spouse which is where my and her salary comes in. This is what I am going to show for last 12 months in my application as proof of earnings. Is it a problem? I can show the marriage certificate to prove the other account holder is my wife. Will that be necessary? You can use joint account and provide marriage certificate if your wife is also applying for dependent visa along with you

Also for maintenence fund of minimum £800, does it have to be fixed at that or it can vary?It cannot go below that amount even by a penny for the whole 3 months
Also clearly highlight your salary credits and also explain that this a joint account and even your wife's salary goes into this account in cover letter so that the case worker does not get confused with 2 salary credits.

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Also clearly highlight your salary credits and also explain that this a joint account and even your wife's salary goes into this account in cover letter so that the case worker does not get confused with 2 salary credits.
Thankyou very much Aruni for the response. My wife is not applying as dependent. Do I need to provide marriage certificate still then to show who is the other joint account holder?

And yes I will highlight my salaries in there.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:58 pm

eager2learn wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Thankyou very much Aruni for the response. My wife is not applying as dependent. Do I need to provide marriage certificate still then to show who is the other joint account holder? You dont need to but, you can for peace of mind and explain in the cover letter why you have provided the marriage certificate.

And yes I will highlight my salaries in there.