ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do a EEA2 holder need a Visa to travel to other EU countries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hunpak
Member of Standing

do a EEA2 holder need a Visa to travel to other EU countries

Post by hunpak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi Firends

just wanted it to clarify. if a person gets an EEA2 fro britain and he wants to travel to some other country like Hungary (Also if the partner is Hungarian) is he required to get a visa?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

I think Yes.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:58 pm

inwarsaw wrote:I think Yes.
Yes means he need a visa while holding EEA2 permit or yes he dont need a visa? can i please have a more than "i think answer"

kkk01

Re: do a EEA2 holder need a Visa to travel to other EU count

Post by kkk01 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm

hunpak wrote:Hi Firends

just wanted it to clarify. if a person gets an EEA2 fro britain and he wants to travel to some other country like Hungary (Also if the partner is Hungarian) is he required to get a visa?
Family members of EEA citizens, who hold a blue coloured residence documentation in their passports with the document type ’RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL’ are not required to have a visa in order to travel to Hungary

See this link also: http://www.mfa.gov.hu/kulkepviselet/UK/ ... tion.htm#5

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 am

kkk01 wrote:
Family members of EEA citizens, who hold a blue coloured residence documentation in their passports with the document type ’RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL’ are not required to have a visa in order to travel to Hungary

See this link also: http://www.mfa.gov.hu/kulkepviselet/UK/ ... tion.htm#5
Thanks kkk01
you are a STAR..

can u please tell me is it specifically EEA2 which is Visa free..because i dont understand this "blue coloured" thing.. sorry if i am being think

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 am

hunpak wrote: can u please tell me is it specifically EEA2 which is Visa free..because i dont understand this "blue coloured" thing.. sorry if i am being think
Your original question was specifically about visa travel to Hungary while holding an UK EEA2 Residence Card!
The answer is NO, you DO NOT need a visa if you have a UK Residence Card (EEA2).
Here is an excerpt from the Hungarian embassy, from the link above...

"Family members of EEA citizens, who hold a blue coloured residence documentation in their passports with the document type ’RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL’ are not required to have a visa in order to travel to Hungary from 1 September 2008, so they can travel to Hungary without a visa."

If you click on the link kkk01 has provided, you will see that there is even an image of the UK Residence Card.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Rozen wrote:
hunpak wrote: can u please tell me is it specifically EEA2 which is Visa free..because i dont understand this "blue coloured" thing.. sorry if i am being think
Your original question was specifically about visa travel to Hungary while holding an UK EEA2 Residence Card!
The answer is NO, you DO NOT need a visa if you have a UK Residence Card (EEA2).
Here is an excerpt from the Hungarian embassy, from the link above...

"Family members of EEA citizens, who hold a blue coloured residence documentation in their passports with the document type ’RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EEA NATIONAL’ are not required to have a visa in order to travel to Hungary from 1 September 2008, so they can travel to Hungary without a visa."

If you click on the link kkk01 has provided, you will see that there is even an image of the UK Residence Card.
I am grateful to both of you for being so kind and clarifying this for me :).

Does this visa free entry stands for all EU countries or their or some exemptions also do i need to travel with my wife as an EEA2 holder all the time or even i can travel without her to EU countries?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 am

hunpak wrote: Does this visa free entry stands for all EU countries or their or some exemptions also do i need to travel with my wife as an EEA2 holder all the time or even i can travel without her to EU countries?
Different countries have different rules, as regards visa entry for a UK RC holder!
For example, as a UK RC holder, you can come to Nederland visa free with your EU dependant. Alone, you will have to apply for a visa!
But (as a UK RC holder) you can travel to Denmark visa free, even without your EU dependant!
So go to the relevant website of the country you wish to travel to, for specific information.