ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before one has to leave home country after VISA?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahmed786
Newly Registered

How long before one has to leave home country after VISA?

Post by ahmed786 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi

Can anyone help with the following

If a Visa for settlement (2 year spouse visa) is issued to a partner in Pakistan, is there a time limit for when that person has to leave the home country?

The reason I ask is because there is someone I know whose wife is in Pakistan, she has had her visa granted but will not leave the country until about 40-50 days after the visa issuing date. Her father has passed away recently.

Can they refuse entry in the UK if she turns up about 2 months after the visa issuing date.

Thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: How long before one has to leave home country after VISA

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 pm

ahmed786 wrote:Hi

Can anyone help with the following

If a Visa for settlement (2 year spouse visa) is issued to a partner in Pakistan, is there a time limit for when that person has to leave the home country?

The reason I ask is because there is someone I know whose wife is in Pakistan, she has had her visa granted but will not leave the country until about 40-50 days after the visa issuing date. Her father has passed away recently.

Can they refuse entry in the UK if she turns up about 2 months after the visa issuing date.

Thanks
The person has 3 months to enter the uk.
I tell it like it is.