ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Encouraging news

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Encouraging news

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 am

Hi all,

I applied for my PSW on the 6th Jan, 2009 but I was refused on the 26th Feb, 2009 on the grounds of maintenance funds. I was given the option to appeal which i did.

On my appeal was on the 24th July and the Judge allowed my appeal (so I was happy). However, on the 31st of October, 2009, I got a letter to come for another appeal on the grounds of reconsideration of the Judge's decision ie HO asked for the decision to be dismissed. Hence, the new hearing dismissed the decision. :(

I had two options: to go back to home country or make an out of time application in the UK as my day of graduation is 1st Dec 2008.

I made the out of time application on the 24th Nov, 2009 and my visa was granted on the 6th Jan, 2010 (a year after the initial application).

I hope this helps other people.

Cheers.

PostMan

Re: Encouraging news

Post by PostMan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 am

bvc07znu wrote:Hi all,

I applied for my PSW on the 6th Jan, 2009 but I was refused on the 26th Feb, 2009 on the grounds of maintenance funds. I was given the option to appeal which i did.

On my appeal was on the 24th July and the Judge allowed my appeal (so I was happy). However, on the 31st of October, 2009, I got a letter to come for another appeal on the grounds of reconsideration of the Judge's decision ie HO asked for the decision to be dismissed. Hence, the new hearing dismissed the decision. :(

I had two options: to go back to home country or make an out of time application in the UK as my day of graduation is 1st Dec 2008.

I made the out of time application on the 24th Nov, 2009 and my visa was granted on the 6th Jan, 2010 (a year after the initial application).

Cheers.
How many days did your maintenance fund dipped down?
What is out of time application?
Please throw more light.
thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Cheers.
1. Bit strange as if the first appeal is allowed then HO only has 2 to 3 weeks to challenge the decision.
2. In u case, U appeal was allowed on the 24th July and then HO lodge the appeal on the 31st October. (3 months wait hard to believe).
3. Then u saying that u made an out of time application and u visa was granted.

ITS REALLY HARD TO BELIEVE WAT U HAVE SAID ABOVE BUT IF ITS TRUE THEN I WUD SAY U R LUCKY BUT PERSONALLY I DO NOT BELIEVE WAT U SAID BUT AGAIN THATS MY OPINION.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Hello Sage,

I am not telling tales, and Vinatta (hopefully I got the name right) in this forum advised me to apply again. Apparently, HO sent a letter to AIT requesting a reconsideration of the decision on the 20th August, 2009 as the decision letter was sent out on the 15th August, 2009. This was not granted to the HO until the 1st of October.

A court hearing was set on the 9th November and I was informed on the 31st Oct, 2009. I had written several times to the HO requesting for an update on when my call letter will be sent but I was always told there is no information on my case or still in progress. Unknown to me, a reconsideration was requested for on the basis of material error.

The court hearing was in Procession House and the former decision was dismissed by the new Judge. The lawyer/rep from HO was very nice to me and advised me to seek help and speak to lawyers as she thinks I can still apply again but bearing in mind each case is unique.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:40 pm

PostMan wrote:

Cheers.
How many days did your maintenance fund dipped down?
What is out of time application?
Please throw more light.
thanks
My maintenance funds dipped for a day and there is a case used now for maintenance funds saying that no appeal can be granted unless you have funds elsewhere covering the time of your lapse.

Out of time application can be made when you are at the high court stage in your appeal process (that was wat i told in this forum). However, mind was not but at the stage where the HO made an appeal against me. You cannot make at out of time application just after sending your appeal as this will be considered invalid application.

Look around this forum, a somebody really explained out of time application to me in my topic about of out of time application. I am not telling tales, believe me

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 pm

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:50 pm

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 pm

I really don't understand what you meant as 'out of time application'. This term is normally used to extend an appeal date i.e if you think your appeal cannot reach AIT before 28 days for some reasons, then you applied for 'out of time'. But applying PSW in 'out of time' sounds strange. I think what happen is, you applied PSW but was refused. then you appeal but was also refused, and finally you made a fresh application for PSW because you still have the 12 months period (after the award) to do so and suceeded. If that's the case, it makes sense. Tq.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks for the Link

joxiri

Post by joxiri » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 pm

@poster I seem to be in the same situation, ur link is helpful but i will like you to please clarify somethings
well I am about to have an appeal hearing so for instance if it is rejected i will have very little time till the end of my 1 year period after graduation
so can i then make a an out of time new application to the home office and how does this work and besides the fact that I have been here since my visa expired waiting for my appeal does it not count against me in the points based system as my immigration status during this period was not for studying which is a requirement under psw