ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Same Day Application Appointment Journey

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smilenepal
Newly Registered

ILR Same Day Application Appointment Journey

Post by smilenepal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I am about to complete 5 years in UK as high skilled worker, so I was thinking to arrange one to one premium appointment with home office for ILR visa application, tried online and phone many days and weeks through nothing achieved. I also tried few immigration solicitors as well but their fees were out of my reach. I was in desperate need of same day service because my visa is expiring on next month and before that I am planning to go to India to attend my brother's marriage ceremony.
One day I was just wondering in the net and found a guy call[detail deleted by Moderator] when I saw his ad,I felt too good to be true because he was offering same-day ILR visa application at £300.00. Still, with out much hope I rang him. after a few minutes telephonic chat I found him ok and arranged a time to see him. Yesterday he rang me and told me that he has booked a slot for me for coming monday and also told me that evening, I will get my passport back with visa stamp . Let’s see whether ***** ******l can match his words with action.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi,
This sound too good to be true!
Does he offer you choice of PEO or is it just one of them? is this legal? He doesnt take any fee upfront, as it says no win no fee?
Do let us know how the appointment goes.
Thanks
Best regards

smilenepal
Newly Registered

Post by smilenepal » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Actually, in my initial inquery, he asked me when do I appointment? I told him ASAP as all of my documents were ready. He told me that he can do on coming monday. So, I did not asked whether he had other options as well.
He claims that he is OISC registred on his web site.
I have already handed out all of my documents plus home office fee to him and desperetly waiting for monday to find out whether I made good decision.

So, please make your own full research before proceeding.

smilenepal
Newly Registered

Post by smilenepal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:11 am

I just got text message that my visa application has been taken to home office and about submit for same day service.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 am

smilenepal wrote:I just got text message that my visa application has been taken to home office and about submit for same day service.
yay hope all goes well for you. If it does £300, is a great deal.
I tell it like it is.

srm
Newly Registered

hi

Post by srm » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Did you manage to get visa on the same day?

Please update so that we can also check with ukvisaexpert.com

Thanks in advance

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 am

Yes how did it go yesterday smilenepal?
I tell it like it is.

smilenepal
Newly Registered

Post by smilenepal » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 am

Hi Every one
Sorry for not being able to update promptly, in fact I got visa on the sameday. I received a call at around 4.00 pm on monday and was told that I got ILR. But I only managed to collect my passport the next day morning due to my personal problem.
Now, I am feeling that the risk I took in the begining paid me back.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 am

smilenepal wrote:Hi Every one
Sorry for not being able to update promptly, in fact I got visa on the sameday. I received a call at around 4.00 pm on monday and was told that I got ILR. But I only managed to collect my passport the next day morning due to my personal problem.
Now, I am feeling that the risk I took in the begining paid me back.
That is fantastic!!!! You must be absolutely thrilled!
I tell it like it is.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Do we need to attend in Person for ILR when we use an agent?

Post by webhunter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Just curious to find out whether we need to go in person to the visa office, if we use a solicitor/agent who can get a faster date for same day service for ILR

gd_chandrasekar

Re: Do we need to attend in Person for ILR when we use an ag

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 am

Hi

I will be shortly appling ILR for myself and wife. I have passed Life in UK test, is it mandatory for my wife also to pass the Life in UK test?
And also at the time of applying for ILR my wife would have completed just 7 months in UK, is she eligible for the ILR as well?

Thanks

Chandra

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:02 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hi

I will be shortly appling ILR for myself and wife. I have passed Life in UK test, is it mandatory for my wife also to pass the Life in UK test? YES
And also at the time of applying for ILR my wife would have completed just 7 months in UK, is she eligible for the ILR as well? NO

Thanks

Chandra

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks a lot chetanojha for quick reply.

I have 1 more question,

I came to UK in Aug 2005 thru Work Permit, then I went back to india in Aug 2006, again came back to UK in sept 2007, and managed to get HSMP in 2008 from UK itself and recently extended to Tier 1 General.

Below are my visa stampings validity date, the same date are there in respective Work Permits.

Valid from Valid Till Type Sponsor
19/08/2005 31/12/2007 Work Permit Wipro
24/08/2006 21/12/2008 Work Permit Wipro
29/01/2008 29/01/2010 HSMP Self
29/01/2010 29/01/2013 Tier 1 Self

is my first trip is eligible for considering in PR? I have always have this question because I went back to India after 1 year stay and got another work permit and came back imm.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Chandrasekar