ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balak2

Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Post by balak2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:34 am

I am planning to lodge my application tomorrow and I happened to see something regarding my maintenance fund in my CitiBank Account

I'll describe the situation as follows:

Let's say that I have got a letter and statements from the bank for the period 01-OCT-2009 to 12-Jan-2010. Say the minimum balance qouted for this period is £4000.00. Let's say that this was the balance on 01-NOV-2009. On 02-NOV-2009, I have two withdrawals of £20 each followed by a credit of £100. But Citibank always qoutes the balance for the end of the day and not for individual transactions, hence the balance at the end of 02-NOV-2009 is £4060.00

But if we calculate individually, the minimim balance after first withdrawal is £3080.00 and after second withdrawal is £3060.00.

How will the Home Office be calculating this?

jojybaba

Re: Doubt regarding Maintenance Funds

Post by jojybaba » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 am

As you have more that £800 in previous three months and manually with your calculation it comes up,than there should be no problem
u can also wait for reply form any senior membor

Ok
balak2 wrote:I am planning to lodge my application tomorrow and I happened to see something regarding my maintenance fund in my CitiBank Account

I'll describe the situation as follows:

Let's say that I have got a letter and statements from the bank for the period 01-OCT-2009 to 12-Jan-2010. Say the minimum balance qouted for this period is £4000.00. Let's say that this was the balance on 01-NOV-2009. On 02-NOV-2009, I have two withdrawals of £20 each followed by a credit of £100. But Citibank always qoutes the balance for the end of the day and not for individual transactions, hence the balance at the end of 02-NOV-2009 is £4060.00

But if we calculate individually, the minimim balance after first withdrawal is £3080.00 and after second withdrawal is £3060.00.

How will the Home Office be calculating this?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 am

Balak:
How many dependents are applying along with you and did you calculate or know what is the min. amount you need to maintain for the last 3months?
We will better get to the point rather than beating around the bush.. which is good for you.. please put your actual sitiation for others to help you..

balak2

Post by balak2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I am a single applicant and need to maintain £2800 as I am applying from outside the UK.

I have enough funds to cover this period but I am worried if the case worker may reject this(from an argumentative point) saying that the balance has gone below £4000 on 02-Nov-2009 and hence the bank letter doesn't hold true.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:20 am

balak2 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I am a single applicant and need to maintain £2800 as I am applying from outside the UK.
so even in worst case ( of 3060£ been taken) you are good to go with a buffer of 250£..

But in general the balance should not go below required amount anytime in the day.. that is to be on safeside..

goodluck mate

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 am

Balak:

If the format of the that BANK is what it shows how can you change it for the sake of HO or caseworker..

This is one of the reason why HO asks for contact details of the Bank incase of doubt they will call the bank Manager and confirm..

But HO mostly know the different formats from different banks so you shoudl be fine as long as you have min 2800 £ and above...

balak2

Post by balak2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks Ramesh.

This is what is stated in the bank letter:
On the basis of information as available with the Bank, as of January 13th, 2009 the account holders withdrawal balance is Rs.400000.00/- and the minimum balance maintained for the period 01 Oct 2009 to till date is Rs. 340000.00/-
Hope this shouldn't pose a problem. Anyway, I have got my appointment tomorrow morning. I'll ask VFS whether this is acceptable. Otherwise, will try to go to Citibank and ask for a letter.

Also, should I state this issue explicitly in the covering letter for maintenance funds.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

balak2 wrote:Thanks Ramesh.

This is what is stated in the bank letter:
On the basis of information as available with the Bank, as of January 13th, 2009 the account holders withdrawal balance is Rs.400000.00/- and the minimum balance maintained for the period 01 Oct 2009 to till date is Rs. 340000.00/-
Hope this shouldn't pose a problem. Anyway, I have got my appointment tomorrow morning. I'll ask VFS whether this is acceptable. Otherwise, will try to go to Citibank and ask for a letter.

Also, should I state this issue explicitly in the covering letter for maintenance funds.
For maintenance funds if your bankstatements are ORIGINAL you do not need to enclose any more letters from the bank but if you still want to enclose a letter..

please read HO GUidance page 36 Paragraph 201 (i) which says..
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.
So if you are enclosing letter it should contain all your bank details and the wordings should be something like

The account holder has maintained a min. amount of xxx from from date - to date (3months) and "The amounts have never fallen below this yyy amount on any single day during this period" - This is little tricky..

Please search the forum for letter format.. will get back if i find a proper link..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Here we go..

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

Re: Mr. S T
Citibank Bank Account No: 3234244

I can confirm that Mr. T has held Bank Account 3234244 at this bank since 23rd Oct 2002.

I can confirm that the balance of this account as of 9th Jan 2010 is £_____.

Mr. T has held funds of over £ 2800 or INR xxx for the last 3consecutive months, and the balance of this account has never gone below this funds level at any stage during the last 3months.

I trust this information is satisfactory to your requirements.
If you require any further information in regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

Signature

NAME

Stamp
Phone #
Email ID:

Supporting Documents:

• Transactions covering the last three months period;
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

balak2

Post by balak2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Thanks for the letter Ramesh. I'll try to get this done tomorrow

balak2

Post by balak2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Lodged my application today. Tried to get the letter from bank but they said they can't give such a letter as it doesn't comply with their formats advised by the legal team.

Could anybody who has previously applied and have been successful please share some information on the format provided by Citibank for Maintenance funds?
Last edited by balak2 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm

balak2 wrote:Lodged my application today. Tried to get the letter from bank but they said they can't give such a letter as it doesn't comply with their formats advised by the legal team.

Could anybody who has previously applied and have been successful please share some information on the format provided by Citibank Bangalore for Maintenance funds?
Balak... as mentioned before.. For maintenance funds if your bankstatements are ORIGINAL you do not need to enclose any more letters from the bank - goodluck

balak2

Post by balak2 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:15 am

My bank statements are 200% ORIGINAL. I got my Citibank bank statements from the branch and if I see Tier 1 guidelines I can say it contains everything except for statement date or issuing date of the statement. However, it contains a statement period and all the transactions covering the three month period

Don't know if this will be a problem. Coming to think of it, I was looking at my old HSBC UK statements and even they don't contain a statement date, only statement period.

Has anyone seen any rejections for maintenance funds in terms of the statement date on the bank statements?