ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OANDA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london_prem

OANDA

Post by london_prem » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:46 pm

My last earnings were credited to my bank account on June 5th 2009, which date should I use on oanda.com to find exchange rate? I am asking because if I use June 5th, it says the rate is for June 4th closing. Shall I use June 6th 2009? Thanks,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: OANDA

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

You are claiming for which period. I presume till May? You should consider last day of the month till which you are claming earnings. So if your earning period is Jan 09 - Dec09 than you should be considering exchange rate of 31st Decemeber.
london_prem wrote:My last earnings were credited to my bank account on June 5th 2009, which date should I use on oanda.com to find exchange rate? I am asking because if I use June 5th, it says the rate is for June 4th closing. Shall I use June 6th 2009? Thanks,

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:27 am

My last salary was credited in my bank account on June 5th 2009. That salary was for period ending on May 31st 2009. I was working in USA that time. I was getting bi-weekly salaris there i.e. twice a month. Now I am in India and applying from India. Shall I use May 31st 2009 for exchange rate calculation?

Another question: Shall we use the dates on which the money is creditd in bank account OR shall we use the dates for which we are getting paid. In my case, salary is always credited in bank account after one week. For example, my first salary was credited to my bank account on Nov 21st 2008, but that's for period ending Nov 16th 2008. Whcih date should I use as my start date in Previous Earnings section: Nov 16th or Nov 21st?

Thanks,