ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 question plz help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waqaspk
Newly Registered

EEA2 question plz help

Post by waqaspk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi All,

just in brie i am married to french national she came in uk december 2008 we applied for certificate of approval to home ofice was granted but my student visa expired i am overstayer now. we recently had a baby in september 2009 due to pregnancy my wife couldnot work for one whole year . Now she recently started work in january 2010 and is working . she is getting paid weekely .My question we are eapplying for eea2 now my wife was unemployed for one year can homeoffice ask for comprehensive medical insurance or they cant because she is working now .

secondly can i send my baby birth certicate at the moment dont have his paspsort he'll get french passport but we havenot applied yet

should i write an appology to my overstay in cover letter ?

please let me know thank you very much
Regards syed

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 question plz help

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 pm

waqaspk wrote:Hi All,

just in brie i am married to french national she came in uk december 2008 we applied for certificate of approval to home ofice was granted but my student visa expired i am overstayer now. we recently had a baby in september 2009 due to pregnancy my wife couldnot work for one whole year . Now she recently started work in january 2010 and is working . she is getting paid weekely .My question we are eapplying for eea2 now my wife was unemployed for one year can homeoffice ask for comprehensive medical insurance or they cant because she is working now .
Not required. Your wife is a French national who is working in the UK. You are her husband and so entitled to reside with her. Comprehensive sickness insurance cover not required.

waqaspk wrote:secondly can i send my baby birth certicate at the moment dont have his paspsort he'll get french passport but we havenot applied yet
Not necessary.

waqaspk wrote:should i write an appology to my overstay in cover letter ?
Also not necessary. Don't over complicate things.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

thank you very much benifa

Post by waqaspk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

hi benifa thank you very much for your answers i appreciate .
Benifa my passport is expiring on 8th feburary i am planning to send my eea2 application next week do u recommend to make a new passport and send that one with old passport or at the moment i can send the old one?
secondly i was caught driving without insurance do i have to mention on eea2 ? is it taken seriously? and last question are overstayers getting certificate of application that allows them to work ?

thank you veyr much
Regards waqas

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: thank you very much benifa

Post by Ben » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:22 pm

waqaspk wrote:Benifa my passport is expiring on 8th feburary i am planning to send my eea2 application next week do u recommend to make a new passport and send that one with old passport or at the moment i can send the old one?
If it were me, I'd probably send the current passport and then ask for it back immediately. Then I'd obtain a new passport and submit this to the UKBA only if / when they ask for it.

waqaspk wrote:secondly i was caught driving without insurance do i have to mention on eea2 ? is it taken seriously?
It has no bearing at all the EEA2 application. No need to mention.

waqaspk wrote:and last question are overstayers getting certificate of application that allows them to work ?
Yes, it is your entitlement.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hello benifa

Post by waqaspk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:17 pm

hi benifa,
thank you very much for all your replies it really helped me alot.
just left with one last important question thats confusing me in EEA2 form section2 which is family member section, as i told u my wife is french and we had a baby her ein uk whos got uk birth certificate do i need to fill our baby details in that section he is just 3 montsh old , one thing confuse me teh baby in future is getting french passport because of his mother and that section is for non eu family member . What i need to do about that please let me know thats the only section left .

thank you very much
Regards Syed Abid

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 pm

You can leave that section blank. Your baby is a French citizen.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waqaspk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi benifa,

hope you doing well, i have sent my eea2 application on bank statement we recieve 80 pound a month child benefit for our baby does it affect application ?

thank you

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by Rozen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:43 pm

waqaspk wrote:
i have sent my eea2 application on bank statement we recieve 80 pound a month child benefit for our baby does it affect application ?
No!