ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does he need a reentry visa??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisatu
Newly Registered

Does he need a reentry visa??

Post by lisatu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 am

Hello,

I am an Irish citizen married to a Moldovian and he has just received his stamp 4 ID today. We were wondering if he still needs a re-entry Visa to Ireland if we go on holiday to Moldova for a bit??

We kinda forgot to ask the immigration officer as we were so excited about receiving it after 5 months of waiting for it. Also we have had some problems with her and only got it by emailing her superiors.

Also if you know can you tell me if he should have got it for 5 years straight away or is there a 1 year ID given to all new applicants for a stamp 4 as he was only given a year.

Thank you

Lisatu :D

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56 am

Yes Re-entry is required for spouse of an Irish national.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 am

yes, your husband will need a re-entry visa , even he
already is a resident with resident permit.... I know, I know, it is really stupid,

Also, Being Ireland, if you get a 1-year or 5-year stamp-4, depends on
pull. or on which guard you get.
There is nothing written down, and the guards usually make it up as they
go along.

I read Moldovan Nationals need a visa to visit Ireland
But Irish Nationals don't need a visa to visit Moldova

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am

Yep, think they make it up as they go along. My husband got a 5 yr Stamp 4, so I guess he was lucky. Re-entry visa is a quick simple process. Go to INIS desk at the Immi building, complete a form, give photos and get the sticker. All should be free of charge.

kevo

Post by kevo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:55 pm

im also irish and married to moldovan. My wife also initially got GNIB card for a period of 12 months, but on renewal of her GNIB card last week, she got one for five years. A pleasant surprise!

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm

you would need Re-entry visa

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 pm

As acme4242 have stated that its entirely depends on immigration officer if he is happy then you will get 5 years but if he had fight last night with his wife then probably 1 year :lol:

lisatu
Newly Registered

Post by lisatu » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:53 am

acme4242 wrote:yes, your husband will need a re-entry visa , even he
already is a resident with resident permit.... I know, I know, it is really stupid,

Also, Being Ireland, if you get a 1-year or 5-year stamp-4, depends on
pull. or on which guard you get.
There is nothing written down, and the guards usually make it up as they
go along.

I read Moldovan Nationals need a visa to visit Ireland
But Irish Nationals don't need a visa to visit Moldova

Yeah all Moldovians need a visa to visit Ireland but anybody can enter Moldova as long as they stay less than 3 months. It was also easy for me to get residency even though I was illegal there for a few weeks cause we didn't know I had to apply for residency as they give no information.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Interestingly enough, when I went in to register as the spouse of an irish national, the guard (registered at a garda station as I live outside the GNIB areas) said that they are giving out 5 year stamp 4s as opposed to 1 year due to the Metock ruling. While this ruling was specific to the spouses of EU nationals, they are giving it to irish spouses to bring them into line with what EU spouses get. He was looking at a piece of paper just before he mentioned it, so it appears that some sort of memo was sent around regarding this.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 am

esharknz wrote:Interestingly enough, when I went in to register as the spouse of an irish national, the guard (registered at a garda station as I live outside the GNIB areas) said that they are giving out 5 year stamp 4s as opposed to 1 year due to the Metock ruling. While this ruling was specific to the spouses of EU nationals, they are giving it to irish spouses to bring them into line with what EU spouses get. He was looking at a piece of paper just before he mentioned it, so it appears that some sort of memo was sent around regarding this.
I have not heard of any official push from Irish Authorities to remove
reverse discrimination against Irish citizens.
The Irish reverse discrimination was introduced by McDowell and O'Donoghue. since 2002.
And ironically, McDowell signed the EU Directive 2004/38/EC into law,
as Ireland had Presidency of the EU in 2004.

I think your Garda was making it up as he went along. And he just
decided to be fair.
But I would still like a copy of that memo if possible, incase its true.

Before O'Donoghue, the spouse or widow of Irish Citizens , did not
need to register as alien. They where considered Irish family.