ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for appointment online Uk border

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tinibee
Newly Registered

Applying for appointment online Uk border

Post by Tinibee » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 am

Hi,
Last edited by Tinibee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:45 am

What's your status in UK (citizen / settled / other) and on what basis is your spouse applying for ILR (WP, dependent, spouse)?

If you are a british citizen / permanent resident and your spouse is applying for ILR as a spouse of a citizen / settled person, then he is the one who's the "spouse" or "dependent" of the settled person / citizen named in the application (you).

I hope I didn't confuse you any more than you were .. before reading my response!

regards

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Actually - it's a question I'd like to know the answer to myself.

I know that the applicant will be my wife (the one subject to immigration control) and she is my (the british citizen) dependant.

However, since we'll be on SET(M) - she'll be the one making the application at whichever PEO we can get an appointment. They make it clear the spouse should also attend the PEO (or provide a letter supporting the application) - but do we have to add my name online as part of the appointment?

It appears that the only names you should put are those of people applying (and I'm not - I'm simply supporting) - but it also says that those not mentioned won't be admitted.

It's confusing.

M.

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm

MPH80 wrote:Actually - it's a question I'd like to know the answer to myself.

I know that the applicant will be my wife (the one subject to immigration control) and she is my (the british citizen) dependant.

However, since we'll be on SET(M) - she'll be the one making the application at whichever PEO we can get an appointment. They make it clear the spouse should also attend the PEO (or provide a letter supporting the application) - but do we have to add my name online as part of the appointment?

It appears that the only names you should put are those of people applying (and I'm not - I'm simply supporting) - but it also says that those not mentioned won't be admitted.

It's confusing.

M.
If you are the British Citizen and your wife is the one applying for ILR then she will be the ONLY applicant that needs to be declared ie single applicant as she is the one needing the ILR visa and not you. It depends on the PEO you attend whether they have a relaxed policy on who they admit in.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Perfect info - thanks

Tinibee
Newly Registered

Post by Tinibee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

I
Last edited by Tinibee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Only the name of the applicant should be included. If a spouse is unable to attend the PEO you would be expected to submit a letter explaining the reason.