ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused my Visitor Visa Application-Help Please!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nassima

Refused my Visitor Visa Application-Help Please!

Post by Nassima » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:08 am

Hello,
I am a woman from Algeria and engaged to British citizen, because he is claiming Public funds, I can't apply for fiance visa to get married at UK, so I just applied for general visitor for 6 months ( in deed i am working and showed that I have to come back to work) I went before to UK under a Business/C visa twice and went there and always came back before even a full month stay at UK which shows that i don't intend to immigrate illegally!!
I applied recently for general wisa and have been refused for reason: paragraph 41 from immigration rules( public funds) is visiting someone who claims public funds a reason to refuse visa for?
I am scared now, we will get married this month and I am affraid that my next visit visa even if I will show that we are married will be also refused because he is jobless( geting public funds?)
Please help me I can't sleep at night or focus at my job :cry:
Thanks for your advice
Nassima

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Helllo Nasima,

I am sorry for your rejection. But I suspect that the reason was the following:-

1- does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership.

I think you should get married in Algeria and then move with him to the UK

mahdi

Nassima

Post by Nassima » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm

mahdi wrote:Helllo Nasima,

I am sorry for your rejection. But I suspect that the reason was the following:-

1- does not, during his visit, intend to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership.

I think you should get married in Algeria and then move with him to the UK

mahdi
Thanks for your answer mahdi, but it wasn't that reason, I said in my application general visitor and that "S" is my friend. So I believe it was because I am staying at his place ( accommodation and food) is from him, while I should have shown that I booked in a hotel or visiting /staying at a place that the public funds doesn't go to..
My fear is that if we get married then we are husband and wife, I don't intend to stay in UK untill he finds a job and can show that he can supports me with no recourse to public funds. What if I applied as a simple visitor ( I am visiting my British husband after all) and not intend to stay more than 6 month but again he still claim PF ( Public Funds) will my application be refused too??
Thx

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:42 pm

you have not said that you were going to stay with him because it could be this reason:-

1- will maintain and accommodate himself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to him without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends; and

I am not sure that you can not come to the UK because your husband is claiming public benefits. I am not sure but I highly doubt it.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

You can still come to the UK even if he is claiming some benefits.

Get a lawyer asap.