ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query for housewife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashk
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query for housewife

Post by mashk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. My wife has just passed her Life in the UK test, and we're applying for Naturalisation. Just looking through the Form AN, and we're a little concerned about the section on employment.

She's never worked in the Uk, as she's stayed at home to look after our children.

Will this affect her application (we've never claimed any benefits, apart from Tax Credits), and I've been in full employment for 13 years?

I'm just concious of getting everything correct, as there's the small matter of £720, which I understand is forfeit even if they reject your application.

Forgot to mention, I'm a Brit.

kindley

Re: Naturalisation query for housewife

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:40 pm

mashk wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. My wife has just passed her Life in the UK test, and we're applying for Naturalisation. Just looking through the Form AN, and we're a little concerned about the section on employment.

She's never worked in the Uk, as she's stayed at home to look after our children.

Will this affect her application (we've never claimed any benefits, apart from Tax Credits), and I've been in full employment for 13 years?

I'm just concious of getting everything correct, as there's the small matter of £720, which I understand is forfeit even if they reject your application.

i think you'll be alright. As she got ILRR?
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

mashk
Newly Registered

Post by mashk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

kindley wrote:

i think you'll be alright. As she got ILRR?
If you mean, 'Indefinite Leave to Remain', yes, yes she had. Since 2001. Yes, I know we've left the citizenship thing for far too long. :lol:

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:53 pm

mashk wrote:
kindley wrote:

i think you'll be alright. As she got ILRR?[/quote

in that case, she's eligible for British Citizenship.]
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)