ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- When should I apply? Help Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rain Tiger
Newly Registered

ILR- When should I apply? Help Please

Post by Rain Tiger » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Please good people help. I am on a settlement visa which expires on 2nd May 2010. I need to apply for ILR. But when? Is it 28 days before the visa expires or 28 days to the anniversary date that I arrived in UK.
What happens if the 28 days comes at Easter. Should I apply before Easter or After?
I wanted to go in person( premium service). when is the right time to book?
Help Please I keep getting conflicting info. I am now confused................
.com :lol:

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Which category will you be applying in and what does the form say?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm

If you are on a spouse settlement visa, then you can apply no earlier than 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date you first entered the UK on the visa...but no later than the expiry date.
Don't forget the Life in the UK test or ESOL qualification.
Appointment for personal applications at a PEO can be applied for in advance 6 weeks before the required date.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: ILR- When should I apply? Help Please

Post by f2k » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Rain Tiger wrote:Please good people help. I am on a settlement visa which expires on 2nd May 2010. I need to apply for ILR. But when? Is it 28 days before the visa expires or 28 days to the anniversary date that I arrived in UK.
What happens if the 28 days comes at Easter. Should I apply before Easter or After?
I wanted to go in person( premium service). when is the right time to book?
Help Please I keep getting conflicting info. I am now confused................
.com :lol:
You can apply FROM 28 days of your anniversary of ENTRY. You dont have to apply on the day. Only thing is that you have to apply while you visa is still valid.

Booking i think it is 6 weeks before the date that you want to have your appointment

Rain Tiger
Newly Registered

Post by Rain Tiger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm

But My Visa expires 28 to the anniversary date of arrival. Meaning If I am to apply 28days to the anniversary date my Visa will have expired. Should I apply early? Will i be penalised if I apply when my visa has expired?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Can you please clarify your date of entry in UK and other relevant dates?
Rain Tiger wrote:But My Visa expires 28 to the anniversary date of arrival. Meaning If I am to apply 28days to the anniversary date my Visa will have expired. Should I apply early? Will i be penalised if I apply when my visa has expired?

Rain Tiger
Newly Registered

Help plis

Post by Rain Tiger » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:38 pm

I entered uk 30 May 2008, visa expires 2 May 2010. so plis when should i apply. Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Rain Tiger wrote:But My Visa expires 28 to the anniversary date of arrival. Meaning If I am to apply 28days to the anniversary date my Visa will have expired. Should I apply early? Will i be penalised if I apply when my visa has expired?
Try to get an appointment for that day. Or post your application such that it reaches them on that day. Personnally i would go for the premium application. Whatever you do though makesure you are 100% thorough with your application, all the documentation, payment details, photos etc. You dont want your application to be returned to you for whatever reason.

The safest option is applying for an extension a.s.a.p. its more costly but you will sleep better

Rain Tiger
Newly Registered

Application Date is On sunday, Monday is Bank Holiday?

Post by Rain Tiger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:06 pm

My Spouse Visa was issued on 2nd may 2008 I arrived in UK 28days LATER on the 30/05/2008. To apply 28 days to the anniversary date, I need to apply on 02/05/10, UNFORTUNATELY, this date falls on a Sunday , Worse still, Monday 03/05/2010 is a BANK HOLIDAY. Should I send it by Post to arrive on Friday 30/04/10, but unfortunately this will be more than 28 days to my Anniversary date of Arrival.
If I send it on Tuesday 04/05/2010, My visa will have expired by 2 days. The Long Bank holiday weekend is Jinxing my Application. How I wish there were no WEEKENDS!!! :roll: :evil: Please Advise :( :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Ignore the public holidays (Sunday 2/5 and Monday 3/5) and send your application on Saturday 01/05 using Special Delivery. If post office near you doesn't operate on a Saturday, find one close to you which does.

AFAIK, public holidays are exempted from such time restrictions as UKBA itself cannot recieve applications on public holidays (by post or courier or in person).

A polite mention of this fact in the cover letter should also help.

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 am

If you are applying by post you won't have a problem if you submit your application a few days before the expiry date. The application will be held on file for processing on the qualifying date.