ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invalid Tier1 General Application Form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaeran

Invalid Tier1 General Application Form

Post by aaeran » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:47 pm

Dear All,

I applied for extension of my HSMP visa on 12 Dec 2009 by post, well before my visa expiry date of 09 Jan 2010.

I got my visa application returned today on 15 Jan 2010 as invalid for the reason that I have used the wrong application form. On checking with the customer service center, I was told that I have used the old (04/09) version of the version of tier 1 (general) application form and I need to use the 10/09 version.

I know it was a silly mistake but I guess an easy one to be made by anyone. I filled the application form in last week of Sept as was going on Diwali holiday and had to work on gathering other documents soon after return. I was very unlucky that a new application form was released next month which I never came to know until today!

Anyways, I am in trouble now. The good thing is that my fee will be refunded shortly and I must re-apply as soon as possible.

As the application will now be considered a fresh application, I need to ensure that all the bank statements are not more than one month old. This is a big problem for me.

I do not have enough funds in my normal bank account where salary is paid. I maintain all the funds in ISA and regular savings account for which I do not receive monthly statements. The only option is to get the most updated statements by visiting the bank and asking them to issue it.

I have read the policy guidance notes and from other posts in the forum, I understand that it is important to have everything mentioned in the guidance notes like bank logo, stamp etc on the statement issued in the bank.

Please can you advice me on what should I ask the personal advisor in HSBC & Barclays banks. Should I print the statements in the machines in the bank and get them stamped by the advisor? I will appreciate if you can share your experiences of what is deemed acceptable.

Another thing I would like to check is that is it now possible to book an appointment to visit in person or I can only apply by post.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.
Last edited by aaeran on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Re: Invalid Tier1 General Application Form

Post by vks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

aaeran wrote:Dear All,

I applied for extension of my HSMP visa on 12 Dec 2009 by post, well before my visa expiry date of 09 Jan 2010.

I got my visa application returned today on 15 Jan 2010 as invalid for the reason that I have used the wrong application form. On checking with the customer service center, I was told that I have used the old (04/09) version of the version of tier 1 (general) application form and I need to use the 10/09 version.

I know it was a silly mistake but I guess an easy one to be made by anyone. I filled the application form in last week of Sept as was going on Diwali holiday and had to work on gathering other documents soon after return. I was very unlucky that a new application form was released next month which I never came to know until today!

Anyways, I am in trouble now. The good thing is that my fee will be refunded shortly and I must re-apply as soon as possible.

As the application will now be considered a fresh application, I need to ensure that all the bank statements are not more than one month old. This is a big problem for me.

I do not have enough funds in my normal bank account where salary is paid. I maintain all the funds in ISA and regular savings account for which I do not receive monthly statements. The only option is to get the most updated statements by visiting the bank and asking them to issue it.

I have read the policy guidance notes and from other posts in the forum, I understand that it is important to have everything mentioned in the guidance notes like bank logo, stamp etc on the statement issued in the bank.

Please can you advice me on what should I ask the personal advisor in HSBC & Barclays banks. Should I print the statements in the machines in the bank and get them stamped by the advisor? I will appreciate if you can share your experiences of what is deemed acceptable.

The Tier1 guidance says the following for Maintenance funds:
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided.

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.
A few lessons that I learnt while looking for bank statements are:
1. Order the bank statements over phone banking or visiting the branch, as usually this will be a 6 working days minimum as their SLA to satisfy your request.

2. If you do not get proper response in one branch, try few other branches
as it is always depends on the personal banker you meet.

3. If the personal banker does not oblige your request, ask them that you should talk to the branch manager and explain your situation clearly. That would do the trick

Another thing I would like to check is that is it now possible to book an appointment to visit in person or I can only apply by post.

You may try your luck for an appointment your self. Look into How to book an appointment

The second option option that may guarantee you an appointment is an immigration solicitor, who would be able to get you an appointment, but it comes off with a cost

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.
Wish you good luck and double check before posting your application!
Regards,
vks

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Many thanks for your reply vks.

I ordered the statements today in both Barclays and HSBC, they told me that it will be delivered in 5 working days.

Also, went to the bank to request for the statements to post the application by Monday. But, unfortunately couldn't get 'exactly' what is needed by home office.

Barclays issued with a print out of the personal adviser screen which is very similar to what we will be able to print via internet. It is printed on an ordinary page but they have put two stamps on it. One says Barclays bank and the branch sort code whereas the other says that it is a true copy of the original with the name, signature, date and employee code of the personal adviser. However, it does not the bank logo on it.

HSBC has issued with a print out of the electronic statements on the letterhead but not stamped it. A covering letter has also been issued that reflects the genuiness of the statements.

I am a bit paranoid as already passed my visa validity. I don't want to be in a position that my application is refused for not maintaining enough funds. Therefore, I am not sure if I should use these documents as evidence for maintenance of funds.

I have decided to wait till Friday and hope that all the statements arrive by post. If not, then will probably have to post the application with above statements on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I am unable to apply in person as home office do not have any availability till end of Feb. Also, I cannot book appointment online if passed by visa validity date.

I request readers to share there experience on the statements issued from Barclays and HSBC banks in UK and if they were considered by the home office.

Regards,

A.

vks

Post by vks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:21 am

aaeran wrote:Many thanks for your reply vks.

I ordered the statements today in both Barclays and HSBC, they told me that it will be delivered in 5 working days.

Also, went to the bank to request for the statements to post the application by Monday. But, unfortunately couldn't get 'exactly' what is needed by home office.

Barclays issued with a print out of the personal adviser screen which is very similar to what we will be able to print via internet. It is printed on an ordinary page but they have put two stamps on it. One says Barclays bank and the branch sort code whereas the other says that it is a true copy of the original with the name, signature, date and employee code of the personal adviser. However, it does not the bank logo on it.

HSBC has issued with a print out of the electronic statements on the letterhead but not stamped it. A covering letter has also been issued that reflects the genuiness of the statements.

I am a bit paranoid as already passed my visa validity. I don't want to be in a position that my application is refused for not maintaining enough funds. Therefore, I am not sure if I should use these documents as evidence for maintenance of funds.

I have decided to wait till Friday and hope that all the statements arrive by post. If not, then will probably have to post the application with above statements on Saturday.

Unfortunately, I am unable to apply in person as home office do not have any availability till end of Feb. Also, I cannot book appointment online if passed by visa validity date.

I request readers to share there experience on the statements issued from Barclays and HSBC banks in UK and if they were considered by the home office.

Those documents are valid and I used the way you narrated for Barclays.

Regards,

A.
Regards,
vks

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi vks,

Once again, many thanks for the prompt reply.

I have a doubt regarding answering a question in the form that asks 'if you have overstayed'?

As my visa has expired and I will be resubmitting the application, should I answer this question as yes?

Regards,

Ankur

vks

Post by vks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm

aaeran wrote:Hi vks,

Once again, many thanks for the prompt reply.

I have a doubt regarding answering a question in the form that asks 'if you have overstayed'?

As my visa has expired and I will be resubmitting the application, should I answer this question as yes?

Regards,

Ankur
Ideally you should say 'Yes'. Did HO gave you time for your application? I do not have experience on such situation. Other seniors may be able to help here.
Regards,
vks

mkkkkk
Newly Registered

i hv done the same mistake

Post by mkkkkk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:37 am

buddy..i did the same mistake. Can you please let me know wat is the outcome. I received a letter from HO stating that i have used wrong form & that I need to resubmit the application. Now I am out of time :-( I hope they will accept my application. I do have all the required documents & I plan to post the application today itself. So there is no much delay.

Thanks,
Gautam

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Hey Gautam,

I re-applied last month and the payment got deducted soon after which means that they are going to consider the application.

As per the Home Office website, my application should be considered this week.

However, I have been nervous through the whole month and keeping my fingers crossed. Let'see what happens!

Wish me luck mate.

Cheers,

A.

aaeran

Post by aaeran » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 pm

I would like to update the status of my application.

Application resubmitted: 23 Jan (via Royal Mail special delivery)
Application received by HO: 25 Jan
Visa issued: 22 Feb
Application received by me: 25 Feb
Party: 26 Feb ;)

Few tips to other applicants from my experience:
- Double check your application before posting
- Check the application form on HO website on the day of posting application
- Apply 2-3 months in advance before your visa expires
- If possible, apply in-person

I would like to thank the forum, specially the senior members and gurus for their valuable advice.

If anyone gets into this problem and need advice, then please feel free to get in touch.

All the best!!

Cheers,

Ankur

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

how to b sure ?

Post by muditmalhotra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 pm

how can one be sure of applying via the latest form, i couldnt find any version no. on the form ... is thr any ?

hsmp_1476

Re: how to b sure ?

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 am

muditmalhotra wrote:how can one be sure of applying via the latest form, i couldnt find any version no. on the form ... is thr any ?
Just ensure that you download the lates form from home office website. all the forms will have a version number (which is usually the month and year when they updated it).

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 pm

ok thats fine ,, so i downloaded VAF - 9 that says ( VAF9 Mar 2009 ) and appendix 1 it says ( vaf9 oct 2009 )

dates are different ,, but since these are from their site it should be ok rite ?

Ashishk
Newly Registered

Application termed invalid because of using old photograph

Post by Ashishk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I had applied for tier 1 visa way back in october, however it was termed invalid because of old photograph. now I am applying for Tier 2 being sponsored by a company. My question is is the previous application for tier 1 considered as rejected. There is a question in the application "Has your visa application been rejected before"? should it be yes or no as my application was not rejected but was termed invalid and they had even returned my money back.

Please help me!