ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps to follow till citizenship ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Frudo
Newly Registered

Steps to follow till citizenship ?

Post by Frudo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:54 am

Good day guys, here comes a rookie :)

First time on forum ,after a full 5 hour reading , various searches thought i am a bit confused and for those like me out there , will greatly appreciate if i can be pointed in the right direction..

I am a non eea citizen with an eea citizen wife married for a year now, living in uk 3 years, and she is here for 4 years .
first we started with my COA for marriage, then got married , then applied for WRS for my wife and FMRS for me. She completed her 1 year under the wrs and now we applied for EEA2. very recently.
Its my understanding that resident card is for 5 years stating "family member of a EU national" which is practical for free movement , but its not a permit under uk law, its just to prove that i no longer need visa. ? or is it ? , here is the part i am lost actually.
1-After 6 months or so i guess , i will be entitled to a resident card , not a resident permit ?or ILR ?
2-am i going to be subject to immigration controll still ?
3-my FMRS says work and employment is allowed nothing about (course to public funds)?
4- i am here for 3 years now and planning to apply for permanent residency after 2 years. is it possible to speed up the process say by eu law ?
5-somewhere on the forum it says 5 year time starts from the date you are married , not the day you entered the country?
6-Also since my wife is here for 4 years we will be putting an application for her next year for permanent residency, can i also be included on that application as a husband ?
7-Registration certificate can be applied for her but is it necessary?

What should be the best course of action from this point on ?

Many thanks in advance

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Have a look at this

1. It's not a permit. It's a confirmation of your rights of residence in the UK under EU law. You cannot get ILR under EU rules, instead you will be applying for Permanent Residence (PR) using EEA4 form.

2. For the purposes of BC you will be subject to immigration controls until you qualify for PR.

4. No.

5. To apply for PR you need to have lived in the UK for continuous five years (see link above)

7. It's not mandatory.

Frudo
Newly Registered

Post by Frudo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for the response, i sure will look in details for this , so far so good.
One more thing though , if i am not mistaken RC can sometimes be for 2 years too ? if you have been married for less then 4 years , u get for 2 years then for 5 years ? is this correct ?
Thanks

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Frudo wrote:Hi there,
Thanks for the response, i sure will look in details for this , so far so good.
One more thing though , if i am not mistaken RC can sometimes be for 2 years too ? if you have been married for less then 4 years , u get for 2 years then for 5 years ? is this correct ?
Thanks
RC is for 5 years,If you marry bc holder than you get 2 years.

Ken G
Newly Registered

Post by Ken G » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 pm

RC duration depends upon case. If an RC is acquired as family member of EU juvenille citizen, the the RC will be valid only until the said person turns 16 or 18 (sorry cannot remember which one). Second example is if applicant is a carer for a child or another EU citizen, again RC can be of a diferent time limit, in some cases it has been issued for 12 months as well. Thirdly, if an RC Is apllied for as a family member of a juvenille student, RC will be valid only until the studies are completed which can be 3 months or 5 years.

Length of marriage dosent count towards yearsof validity, as i applied after 3 months of my marriage and within 3 month recieved RC valid for full 5 years.