ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF9: Travel Date to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london_prem

VAF9: Travel Date to UK

Post by london_prem » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 pm

In form VAF9, the first question is "On which date do you wish to travel to UK". I am thinking to apply at VFS Delhi on 25th Jan 2010. What's the maximum date I can put for this question? Can I write any date in April or May 2010? Thanks !

push
United Kingdom

Re: VAF9: Travel Date to UK

Post by push » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 pm

london_prem wrote:In form VAF9, the first question is "On which date do you wish to travel to UK". I am thinking to apply at VFS Delhi on 25th Jan 2010. What's the maximum date I can put for this question? Can I write any date in April or May 2010? Thanks !
You can request for post dating your VISA by not more than 3 months
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:05 pm

If I am sending my application to VFS on Jan 25th 2010, can I put travel date as April 1st 2010? Thanks,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm

london_prem wrote:If I am sending my application to VFS on Jan 25th 2010, can I put travel date as April 1st 2010? Thanks,
Yes you can mention it.. you can mention upto 24th April..

mr_mar

Post by mr_mar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:31 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
london_prem wrote: Yes you can mention it.. you can mention upto 24th April..

I saw somewhere in this forum that someone has to travel to the UK no more than 28 days after getting the visa/or the requested date.
Can anyone tell me where I can find this rule in one of the official documents/websites ?
What will happen if someone travels 2 months after having the approval for tier1G ?

THx

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 am

mr_mar wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
london_prem wrote: Yes you can mention it.. you can mention upto 24th April..

I saw somewhere in this forum that someone has to travel to the UK no more than 28 days after getting the visa/or the requested date.
Can anyone tell me where I can find this rule in one of the official documents/websites ?
What will happen if someone travels 2 months after having the approval for tier1G ?

THx
There is no rule saying that you have to travel within a particular time. You can travel as long as you have got a valid visa.

If you enter within 28 days, that would make you eligible to apply for ILR with only 1 extention or you would have to extend your visa 2nd time before you can apply for ILR. (for now, may change in future)

Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/