ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family/Wedding Visa Documents Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goals22
Newly Registered

Family/Wedding Visa Documents Query

Post by goals22 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi,

I am a British Citizen who is married(civil) with my south american wife. She is currently on a two year spouse visa.

We are planning this year to have a religious wedding and plan to invite four members of her family from South America (2 parents, Sister and young son)

Her parents are retired - but do own two properties and receive a small pension. Her sister has little in the way of savings and although she does own a business it is all in the name of her husband. Her young son (8) obviously has no income.

My query is
1) will it really matter that they dont have that much money - i.e. her sister. Will it be more important that I can show I can support them during their time here (1month approx)
2) Apart from the standard documents to include (bank statements, salary slips, MY parents ownership of house proof etc) is there anything else we should include - i.e. An actual wedding invitation
3) Is it better to request the visa as a visit with a religious ceremony included. Or state that they are coming here for the principle reason of the church wedding

Any help appreciated
Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Does this have anything to do with Tier 1 (General)?? Please post queries in the appropriate forum .... you'll have better chances of getting "expert" advice.

regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

I would be more worried as to what evidence or proof I can provide to say that they will return back home after the visit. That is of more interest to teh ECO then what your relatives will do whilst they are here in the UK.

As far as what you need to send from your side, are your employment letter and wage slips, 6 months bank statement, details of your property where they intend to stay to make sure there is enough room without it being overcrowded, a letter of sponsorship/invitation explaining why you want them here. If its wedding, send them details of wedding arrangements etc.

As for your relatives, they need to provide details of extended family, property, jobs, savings etc. These are all seen as incentives to reyurn home after visit.

Hope this has helped in some way.

goals22
Newly Registered

Post by goals22 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:29 pm

batleykhan - Thanks for your advice. I guess Ill put as much down in regards to them as possible.

sushdmehta - apologies for that. I put this in the wrong forum.