ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa extension.......

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zafarzafar
BANNED

Student Visa extension.......

Post by zafarzafar » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Hello Guys,
am asking this question on the bahalf of my brother who have a student visa in UK.
he is doing MBA, his student visa is due to expire at the end of November 2010 but his course would end in march 2011 , the difference is because of late arrival in the UK.
Now my question is : My cousion is getting married first week of December 2010, and my brother's visa would expire at the end of november 2010, so the gap between the wedding and my bro's visa is only 7 days.and he need to go to India to attend the wedding.
1.What is the best way that he extend his visa before first week of december ?
2.Is there any way in UK if some body go to the visa officer face to face and get the visa on the spot ?
3. How long does it take if some body send his passport for extension by post ?
Guys advise would be greatly appreciated.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 am

He can apply for the extension in person. It takes less than a week to receive the visa if all requirements are met. First he must make an appointment. Book the appointment as soon as possible because the place may be full if it is later. See URL below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ginperson/

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Mate thanks alot for ur help
arsalan