ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help in regard to switching from ACCA to another course

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

student.uk
Newly Registered

Need help in regard to switching from ACCA to another course

Post by student.uk » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi All!

I am an Indian currently residing in UK on a student visa. I got admission for an ACCA course [f1,f2,f3 & f4,f5,f6] in a private college in November 2007. With the admission letter I applied for admission [from India] in January 2008 and was granted a 1 year + 3 month student visa with Visa expiring in February 2009. Due to certain reasons I couldnt enter UK immediately and could do so only in September 2008. On entering I attended the course at the college till December 2008 after which I tried to pass exams F2 and F3 but couldnt do so [By the way I must mention an important thing - I am registered with ACCA as a Mature student and ACCA's rules state I need to clear F2 and F3 exams within 2 years of registration with last date in my case being 31 January 2010]. After this I decided to change college and enrolled in a different one. Over there I was adviced to repeat f1,f2 and F3 as I had not yet passed those 3 papers and an important reason why I was adviced to do this was that as per Home office rules you need to show progress in the course you attended and if you dont you have to repeat the course one more time to pass it. So I got a fresh letter made by this college for F1,f2,f3 and f4,f5,f6 and using this letter I applied for student visa extension in UK and was granted one year + 4 months visa extension till 31st May 2010. After getting extension I started attending the course and have completed attendance for all 6 papers. Unfortunately I still havent being able to clear papers f2 and f3 and I am not eligible to attempt other papers till I clear these 2 by January 2010. So far I have made 2 attempts but I am unable to clear them and I have only 15 days left to clear them. If I dont clear them then my name in ACCA records will be removed from acca qualification route and transfered to Certificate in accountancy route.

Now I have the following query:- If I am still unable to clear these two papers then can I switch over to some other course such as CIMA or AAT [from beginning/foundation level of the course] and apply for extension of my Visa in May 2010? What are my chances of getting it and can any of you suggest some alternatives? Any replies would be highly appreciated!

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:02 am

The Question is whether you can move to a new college to continue your studies. Basically you can move to another college of your wish. But, you must make sure the college can issue the ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ letter for you. Make sure the college can sponsor an international student. See URL for further infor.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/index.php

Once you have done that, you must contact UKBA to inform them about this, or the new college could also do it for you. Put everything in writing to help you in future in case anything goes wrong. This is bcos the UKBA has a database on international students and the college. This is to avoid trouble if your previous college makes a report that you are no longer with them. tq

student.uk
Newly Registered

Post by student.uk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 am

The college where I am currently a student is technically ready to admit me into aat or cima [from beginning] but I want to know what are my chances with getting an extension from home office in coming may 2010, that is whether they might reject my application on the basis that I failed to pass even a single exam of acca in 2 years time and now want to switch over to a similar course from start.