ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duration of medical insurance in france.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daddy
Member of Standing

Duration of medical insurance in france.

Post by daddy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:33 pm

As as None EU spouse of EU citizen, how long would I be required to be covered under a private health insurance policy when applying for my residence card in france?
Can someone help me please.
Daddy.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Duration of medical insurance in france.

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am

daddy wrote:As as None EU spouse of EU citizen, how long would I be required to be covered under a private health insurance policy when applying for my residence card in france?
Daddy.
For the duration of your residence past the initial 3 months, if your EU national family member is either enrolled in a course of study or is economically self-sufficient.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:45 pm

[quote="benifa"][quote="daddy"]As as None EU spouse of EU citizen, how long would I be required to be covered under a private health insurance policy when applying for my residence card in france?
Daddy.[/quote]

For the duration of your residence past the initial 3 months, if your EU national family member is either enrolled in a course of study or is economically self-sufficient.[/quote] Please, can you help and make your reply to my question clearer and easier to understand. Your statement is not really clear. thanks.

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Please, can you help and make your reply to my question clearer and easier to understand. Your statement is not really clear. thanks.

pierre75

Post by pierre75 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 am

First three months : No need of private insurance (short stay)

After the first three months, it depends :

- If your spouse is working in France, so he’s covered by the French public “sécurité socialeâ€
New forum in french for binationals Europe/third country couples and families :
http://multinational.leforum.eu

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for you replies.Please, I want to be clearified in this regard. I would like to apply for my resident card within one week of our arrival in france.
My EU spouse does not work, she is self sufficient. Is it possible that i can start working immidiately after applying for my residence card, surely it takes maximum of 6 months to be issued, can i start working while waiting for my residence card, if yes, with what legal document would i need to present in other to be allowed to work since my application is in process.
thanks.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 am

daddy wrote:Thanks for you replies.Please, I want to be clearified in this regard. I would like to apply for my resident card within one week of our arrival in france.
My EU spouse does not work, she is self sufficient. Is it possible that i can start working immidiately after applying for my residence card, surely it takes maximum of 6 months to be issued, can i start working while waiting for my residence card, if yes, with what legal document would i need to present in other to be allowed to work since my application is in process.
thanks.
Yes, you can work immediately. Your passport, your wife's passport (or National ID card) and your marriage certificate should be adequate proof.

Also you can show your Certificate of Application, which will be issued immediately upon application of your Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.