ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 application form question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PerfectKamola
Newly Registered

Tier 1 application form question

Post by PerfectKamola » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi All,

I am switching from 5 year work permit to Tier 1 general. Need your help with one question in the application form.

2. Section 2 / D8, D9, D10 – Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking or reference number, and transport operator. For what purpose did the applicant enter the UK? When did the applicant arrive in the UK?

I came to the UK in 1999 as a student. Left the UK in 2000 and returned on a student visa in 2002. In 2006 got a work permit. Since then, I have often been traveling abroad on business trips. My question is, should I give details of all my journeys since 1999? Since 2002? Only since 2006? Should I only give one journey details? Should I just say that I arrived at Heathrow terminal 2, flew with BA? How do you fill this section in?

Please, share your knowledge and let me know how it works.

Thanking you in advance.

vks

Re: Tier 1 application form question

Post by vks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 pm

PerfectKamola wrote:Hi All,

I am switching from 5 year work permit to Tier 1 general. Need your help with one question in the application form.

2. Section 2 / D8, D9, D10 – Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking or reference number, and transport operator. For what purpose did the applicant enter the UK? When did the applicant arrive in the UK? When you say No to D5, you will be taken to D11

I came to the UK in 1999 as a student. Left the UK in 2000 and returned on a student visa in 2002. In 2006 got a work permit. Since then, I have often been traveling abroad on business trips. My question is, should I give details of all my journeys since 1999? Since 2002? Only since 2006? Should I only give one journey details? Should I just say that I arrived at Heathrow terminal 2, flew with BA? How do you fill this section in?

Thanking you in advance.
Regards,
vks

PerfectKamola
Newly Registered

Post by PerfectKamola » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

vks wrote:

2. Section 2 / D8, D9, D10 – Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking or reference number, and transport operator. For what purpose did the applicant enter the UK? When did the applicant arrive in the UK? When you say No to D5, you will be taken to D11

I did change my passport in 2005. I do not have that old passport anymore. Therefore, I said yes to D5.

Thanking you in advance.

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm

I believe you need to give details of your first arrival in the UK after getting the work permit.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 am

PerfectKamola wrote:
vks wrote:

I did change my passport in 2005. I do not have that old passport anymore. Therefore, I said yes to D5.

Thanking you in advance.
The question is:

Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel
document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which
shows his/her current leave unavailable
?

SO You have to say No to D5!
Regards,
vks