ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application-- self sufficient

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

EEA2 application-- self sufficient

Post by basel_jaber » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:23 am

Hi I have just sent my EEA2 application details :

Date sent : 06/01/2010
I am Jordanian (on a work permit currently) married to German both living in UK and I am the worker.
Route : Self sufficient EEA person through my work as I support my wife through my work.
Documents sent:
1) EEA 2 application with two photographs of myself + our passports.
2) Marriage certificate.
3) Letter of my employment + contract + payslips (my contract ends in August 2010)
4) Bank Statement from my bank account
5) Comprehensive sickness insurance from AXA ( doesn't cover emergencies as no private company does that) -- 39.99 pounds per month.
6) Council tax and other utility bills proving address and that we live together.

I am afraid that the home office will refuse my application as I am already on a work permit that will expire in Aug 2010 but will cover me till my contract ends, or that they will give me a residence card for only few months to cover me again till my contract ends.
I will be having job offers to start a new job after August 2010 and I am planning to stay for longer than Aug 2010 so am not sure how would they think about my case.

I will post the progress in my case when I get a response. Comments are more than welcomed.

mir
Newly Registered

re: 5)

Post by mir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:50 pm

can u plz tell us wot cover u got? i mean ur insurance plan name ..option etc,,.
5) Comprehensive sickness insurance from AXA ( doesn't cover emergencies as no private company does that) -- 39.99 pounds per month

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Re: re: 5)

Post by basel_jaber » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 pm

mir wrote:can u plz tell us wot cover u got? i mean ur insurance plan name ..option etc,,.
5) Comprehensive sickness insurance from AXA ( doesn't cover emergencies as no private company does that) -- 39.99 pounds per month
I got my insurance through flexible health. Plan name: Health Cover Plus Deluxe. Plan type: Comprehensive. It doesnt say the word comprehensive on the AXA policy paper, but it does say that on the flexible health paper, so i sent both to HO. I only insured my wife (the EEA person because she is the one who is being self sufficient) and personally I am using the NHS for my health aas I pay national insurance every month .

mir
Newly Registered

Post by mir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 pm

good job for sending both the copies of ur insurance, but did u personnally chk with H.O regarding the insurance need for u or not bcoz there are some topics here were they hav been asked to have insurance for both according to new eu rules.
I only insured my wife (the EEA person because she is the one who is being self sufficient) and personally I am using the NHS for my health aas I pay national insurance every month

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Post by basel_jaber » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 pm

mir wrote:good job for sending both the copies of ur insurance, but did u personnally chk with H.O regarding the insurance need for u or not bcoz there are some topics here were they hav been asked to have insurance for both according to new eu rules.
I only insured my wife (the EEA person because she is the one who is being self sufficient) and personally I am using the NHS for my health aas I pay national insurance every month
I once received this e-mail from UKBA:
As a German national you have a right under European Law to enter the United Kingdom and providing your are exercising a treaty right will be able to remain in the UK.

In Order for your future husband to remain in the UK Under European Law and apply for a residence card you would need to demonstrate that your are exercising your right to remain as a n EEA national.

In order to satisfy this requirement as a self -sufficient person you would also need to have comprehensive medical insurance

EEA applications are taking approximately six months to complete.

mir
Newly Registered

Post by mir » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 pm

:D good luck and keep posted

Iira

Post by Iira » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I've got rejected my EEA4 before because of the lack of private health insurance and, it came with a letter from HO saying that the insurance needs to be for both, EEA self-sufficient and non-EEA working.

I just wanted to let you know that after sending proof of insurance for both of us, we received COA.

It was clearly stated in the letter that has to be for both of us. If I were you, I would double check before sending the application.

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Post by basel_jaber » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 am

Iira wrote:I've got rejected my EEA4 before because of the lack of private health insurance and, it came with a letter from HO saying that the insurance needs to be for both, EEA self-sufficient and non-EEA working.

I just wanted to let you know that after sending proof of insurance for both of us, we received COA.

It was clearly stated in the letter that has to be for both of us. If I were you, I would double check before sending the application.
I also got rejected with the same letter saying that it has to be for both of us. Now I am sorting out my health insurance. Which company did you use? Axa want to put an exclusion due to a pre-existing condition, do u think that will make the HO unhappy about it?

Iira

Post by Iira » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am

basel_jaber wrote:
Iira wrote:I've got rejected my EEA4 before because of the lack of private health insurance and, it came with a letter from HO saying that the insurance needs to be for both, EEA self-sufficient and non-EEA working.

I also got rejected with the same letter saying that it has to be for both of us. Now I am sorting out my health insurance. Which company did you use? Axa want to put an exclusion due to a pre-existing condition, do u think that will make the HO unhappy about it?
Most companies do the exclusion of pre-existing conditions unless you pay some extra money and they include it. No idea if HO will be satisfied with that. I don't think mine includes it though...I wasn't worried because I don't have anything pre-existing.
HO doesn't have a guideline of what should the insurance include so I guess they cannot deny a permit on that basis....But, just guessing...I'm not an expert...

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 am

Have a look into chapter 9, point 3.4 of the ECIS regarding the Baumbast case.

ABC12345
Newly Registered

Question for 'basel_jaber' and 'Iira re EEA4 rejection

Post by ABC12345 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi Basel and Iira,

I note that you both state you got rejected when you made the EEA4 application (i.e. you/your EEA partner have already been exercising Treaty rights for 5 years at the time of application) on the basis of not having 'Comprehensive Medical Insurance'. Have I understood this correctly? Are you saying although you did NOT have insurance at the time of self sufficiency, that subsequent purchase of insurance just at the end of the five years was sufficient for acceptance that you had it retrospectively?

Please provide as much info as you please including circumstances and timelines? Thanks in advance for your help.

ABC12345
Newly Registered

Point of clarification to question to Basel and Iira

Post by ABC12345 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Basel and Iira:

Just a point of clarification in relation to my question - your comments about getting insurance and being accepted - you ARE talking about EEA4 form - NOT EEA2 form, is my understanding correct? If you did not have insurance during a time of self sufficiency and subsequently bought insurance during your PR EEA4 application (but after the initial rejection) - were you then successful in getting the PR?

Again, thanks in advance for all your help.

Iira

Re: Point of clarification to question to Basel and Iira

Post by Iira » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm

ABC12345 wrote:Hi Basel and Iira:

Just a point of clarification in relation to my question - your comments about getting insurance and being accepted - you ARE talking about EEA4 form - NOT EEA2 form, is my understanding correct? If you did not have insurance during a time of self sufficiency and subsequently bought insurance during your PR EEA4 application (but after the initial rejection) - were you then successful in getting the PR?

Again, thanks in advance for all your help.
Yes, I was talking about EEA4. Anyway, I think the definition of self-sufficiency is the same for both forms.

Yes again about the outcome. I successfully got PR after having my application rejected at first due to the lack of private health insurance. I consequently took the insurance and applied again a few weeks later.

Kind regards.

ABC12345
Newly Registered

Follow up to Iira's Response

Post by ABC12345 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Thank you Iira for your kind and fast response. Your answer is encouraging. May I enquire what circumstances you and your spouse were in to see if they are similar to that of my spouse and I?

For example, are you, Iira (I guess the non-EEA) the EEA national or non EEA national? During the time of self sufficiency was the non EEA national working or a student or otherwise able to access the NHS, e.g, here 12 months prior to treatment which apparently according to the NHS is reason to allow access? Was the EEA national working during rest of time other than short periods of self sufficiency? What nationality is the EEA national?

So just to be clear, the HO did not question the fact that the insurance document did not explicitly cover the period you were self sufficient, e.g. say, the EEA national was self sufficient/not working e.g. last year and the non EEA applied for PR using EEA4 this year, got rejected because the EEA did not include any proof of insurance for the self sufficiency period. EEA national then makes a brand new first time application for insurance; non EEA then resubmitted EEA4 application with the insurance and got PR with no questions raised on the insurance coverage period not covering the self sufficiency period?

What company and insurance product did you use in your application please? What insurance document did you send?

Sorry if this question is verbose, but there are so many variations to peoples' circumstances I need to be sure the answers can apply to our circumstances. Please bear with me though.

Again thank you so much in advance for your help...
Last edited by ABC12345 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABC12345
Newly Registered

One thing I forgot.. another question for Iira

Post by ABC12345 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Sorry, another question for Iira - was it the case that neither of you, the EEA national and non EEA national hadn't the medical insurance when you first got rejected, or was it the case that one of you had it when you got rejected for PR? If one of you had it, which one was it.......? Thanks.....

Iira

Re: One thing I forgot.. another question for Iira

Post by Iira » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 am

ABC12345 wrote:Sorry, another question for Iira - was it the case that neither of you, the EEA national and non EEA national hadn't the medical insurance when you first got rejected, or was it the case that one of you had it when you got rejected for PR? If one of you had it, which one was it.......? Thanks.....
We didn't have it because we didn't know it was a requirement.

Kind regards.

Iira

Re: Follow up to Iira's Response

Post by Iira » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 am

ABC12345 wrote:Thank you Iira for your kind and fast response. Your answer is encouraging. May I enquire what circumstances you and your spouse were in to see if they are similar to that of my spouse and I?

For example, are you, Iira (I guess the non-EEA) the EEA national or non EEA national? During the time of self sufficiency was the non EEA national working or a student or otherwise able to access the NHS, e.g, here 12 months prior to treatment which apparently according to the NHS is reason to allow access? Was the EEA national working during rest of time other than short periods of self sufficiency? What nationality is the EEA national?

So just to be clear, the HO did not question the fact that the insurance document did not explicitly cover the period you were self sufficient, e.g. say, the EEA national was self sufficient/not working e.g. last year and the non EEA applied for PR using EEA4 this year, got rejected because the EEA did not include any proof of insurance for the self sufficiency period. EEA national then makes a brand new first time application for insurance; non EEA then resubmitted EEA4 application with the insurance and got PR with no questions raised on the insurance coverage period not covering the self sufficiency period?

What company and insurance product did you use in your application please? What insurance document did you send?

Sorry if this question is verbose, but there are so many variations to peoples' circumstances I need to be sure the answers can apply to our circumstances. Please bear with me though.

Again thank you so much in advance for your help...
Hi,
I'm the EEA citizen and have been self-sufficient for most of the 5 years (only worked the first year). Non-EEA worked for the last 4 years and was a student before.
HO didn't ask any questions about not being covered for the 5 years.
As you mentioned, we submitted the application a few weeks after being rejected and sent the original document from insurance company with our names and type of policy on it.

Sorry but I prefer not to mention my nationality although I can tell you that belongs to the first groups of countries that joined EU (not the latest).

Kind regards.

tobico
Newly Registered

Post by tobico » Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Iira,
which other documents did you send apart from the medical insurance: for example, bank statements, etc....like how much did u have in the account for self sufficient?
thanks

Iira

Post by Iira » Sat May 22, 2010 8:26 pm

tobico wrote:Hi Iira,
which other documents did you send apart from the medical insurance: for example, bank statements, etc....like how much did u have in the account for self sufficient?
thanks
Here is the list of what I've sent:
-payslips
-p45/p60
-marriage certificate
-council tax bills with both names
-bank statements (jointly account)
-private medical insurance certificate

I cannot tell you how much was in my account but, when I called HO to ask the same question they said that between 2 and £3000 could be enough.
I guess that if you don't have any source of income, probably more. In my case non-EU is in full-time work.

Kind regards.

andes6
Newly Registered

Post by andes6 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Dear Iira and Jaber,

Iira congrats for getting the permit and Jaber good luck with your application. My situation is a bit different as we are based in Netherlands and are planning to move to the UK in the next few months.

We are planning to apply for the EEA2 with self-sufficiency. The issues surrounding that are-

My current EEA permit would expire on the last week of October and by that time I will be having just 2 or max 3 salary slips based in the UK.

Would it be enough?

Iira could you please mention the exact Insurance policy and company?

Are there any other documents which we would be required to produce?

When will be the right time to apply?

Thanks so much for time.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers

Andes

ABC12345
Newly Registered

What Insurance Did You Use

Post by ABC12345 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Iira,

In your successful application for PR, what insurance company and policy/product did you use?

This info would be really helpful to those trying to navigate the 'system'.

Can you give any other tips on the insurance not mentioned in your thread?

Thanks in anticipation...

ali999
Newly Registered

Post by ali999 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:04 pm

hi to all,
i would be very great if someone can help me with sample of cover letter to apply for eea2 application as an unmarried partner,as my partner she is from poland and i am on student visa and we have a chold together which is nearly 3 years now,please help,many thanks.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 am

This is interesting...so the insurance does not necessary need to cover both non-EEA and EEA for the period of time of self-sufficiency? I have read other posts saying that is does. Very conflicting and I guess depends on the caseworker..

The PPI plans that forum users has mentioned is definitely accepted by the HO is Aviva and WPA if that helps in anyway and I thin it is better to be on the safe side by signing up to one, they cost approx £35 per month for two people.