ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I transfer received ILR info on paper to passport?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WCC
Newly Registered

How do I transfer received ILR info on paper to passport?

Post by WCC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 pm

With my parents at the time not being experienced in the application process, my brother received his ILR BEFORE getting his passport from his country of origin.

As a result it was on a piece of paper which was then stapled to his passport.

How does he go about transferring this information directly onto one of the pages in his passport?

Thank you.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

2 options

1) you can post it to HO under the application type of ''tranferring visa onta a new passport'' pay the necessary fee

2) you might book an appt at PEO and get it done in the same day but the fee would be much higher.

WCC
Newly Registered

Post by WCC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm

taylondon wrote:2 options

1) you can post it to HO under the application type of ''tranferring visa onta a new passport'' pay the necessary fee

2) you might book an appt at PEO and get it done in the same day but the fee would be much higher.
Thanks for replying.

1. Do you know where I can find information on the pricing to get this done through the Home Office? I've checked their website (e.g. here) and couldn't find anything.

Also it says that it can only be done once his current passport expires. This will be in around 8 years time. Is there a way of getting it done sooner? (preferably on his current passport).

2. I'd be grateful if you could tell me what "PEO" stands for. I've checked a number of sources and couldn't find one.

My parents plan on visiting our local Citizens Advice Bureau to gain extra information on this, but with a number of weeks until that is possible we could do with the information before hand.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 pm

WCC

1/ the link you provided shows the amount to be paid, you have to open the application form and it says it there. the one you want is NTL (no time limit)

2/ PEO = Public Enquiry Office. This is a facility whereby you book an appointment with the home office and have your case sorted out on a same day service HERE. it cost a lot more than postal. also no appointment necessary for Croydon only