ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Country Application - no ref received

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nero_44
Newly Registered

In-Country Application - no ref received

Post by nero_44 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi guys,

first post here but lots of reading. first of all: great forum, great advice! I have been very confindent sending my app out, thanks to you guys!

In-Country Application (WP - > Tier 1 Generalist)

- Salaried Bank Employee
- Natwest Statements for earnings and maintenance
- UK MSc Degree

I used a slightly modified coverletter and the previous earnings explanation templates from this forum. Very useful indeed!

Sent via special delivery: 30-dec-09
Royal mail tracking delivery confirmation: 31-dec-09
Visa Fee Deducted: 04-dec-10
Ref no received: not received

no feedback so far.

I know the website says to contact only if you applied more than 14 weeks ago. Does "applied" in this context mean 1. sending out the application 2. visa fee deducted 3. receiving a reference number?

I am aware that various successful applicants have not received any ref number at all, but nevertheless I would like to know whether UKBA would be able to confirm the receipt of my application, since I have not received an acknowledgement letter. I need to travel for business purposes and I would like to avoid a situation, where I call em up after 14 weeks and they tell me that my app has not been processed yet.

I take it that in-country applications take about 30 days?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Contact UKBA at the earliest. Make it clear to them that you have not received any reference number even after 50 days and you're calling to know the reference number and to know if your application is in the UKBA system.

Without the reference number you'll have a hard time tracking your application ... if it breaches the UKBA service standards.

regards

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Contact UKBA at the earliest. Make it clear to them that you have not received any reference number even after 50 days and you're calling to know the reference number and to know if your application is in the UKBA system.

Without the reference number you'll have a hard time tracking your application ... if it breaches the UKBA service standards.

regards
I guess, the original poster has made a typo.
nero_44 wrote: Sent via special delivery: 30-dec-09
Royal mail tracking delivery confirmation: 31-dec-09
Visa Fee Deducted: 04-dec-10 I guess this should be 04-Jan-10
Ref no received: not received
So, It is not 50 days as sushad reckons.

As your payment is deducted I would not be overly worried. There have been a few cases where the visa was received without any reference letter being received. The 14 weeks is from the date you sent the application. Give them a call and find out if you have a reference number. As per current timelines, they are processing applications received before 21-Dec-09.

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

04-jan-10 indeed.....

I had written 04-dec-09 in the first place and was able to correct the year. my abilities then have let me down ;)

fee has been deducted from the HO Croydon.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Apologies ... I had 04 Dec in my mind!

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

In my case the fees was deducted before the application was sent to the HO as i had to submit the fees online while filling up the application form. Then i had to print that application form and send all the relevant documents to the British High Commission. Even i havent received any acknowledgement. I applied online on 7th Jan.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 pm

mahajanvivek wrote:In my case the fees was deducted before the application was sent to the HO as i had to submit the fees online while filling up the application form. Then i had to print that application form and send all the relevant documents to the British High Commission. Even i havent received any acknowledgement. I applied online on 7th Jan.
The discussion above relates to in-country application (in UK) while yours is a overseas application (outside UK)! Different procedures and different points of contact. See overseas application processing time

regards

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 am

Apologies !!! Looked at the post and forgot that it is on shore application.