ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dr taking PLAB part 1 in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_hsn

Dr taking PLAB part 1 in UK

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi guys,

My sister is a doctor visiting me in UK on a visit visa. Is it possible for her to take the plabs part 1 test here in UK on the same visa, or she has to apply for business visa?

I'll appreciate any help and advice from doctors.

regards,
Ali
all is well that ends well

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

faz123

Post by faz123 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:03 am

PLAB-1 can be taken in Pakistan/India.
There was previously a category of visit visa to take Part-2 of the PLAB. (Visit-PLAB) which has closed. As long as she has a valid visa and does not plan to stay till the last day of her visa duration, (As staying for 6 months on a visit visa is looked down upon by the visa officials and she can be refused future visa or entry by an immigration officer), she can sit PLAB-1 whilst in the UK. There is obviously a waiting list for PLAB-1. She cannot extend her visit visa from the UK in order to sit PLAB-2 if her visa runs out (unlike if she was on Visit-PLAB visa, where the visa could get extended whilst in the UK and you could spend the entire 6 months looking for a job)
The PLAB examiners would not check the type of visa she holds when she sits the exam. They will only check the passport or other form of identification for identification reasons.
Hope this helps.