ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FURTHER extending Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nezinho

FURTHER extending Tier 1 (General)

Post by nezinho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

The question I have is:

If I am already on a T1 Gen visa (extension) and wish to extend again, can I actually do that providing all the points requirements are met?

Kind Regards,

Nezinho

bex_m
Newly Registered

Re: FURTHER extending Tier 1 (General)

Post by bex_m » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 am

nezinho wrote:The question I have is:

If I am already on a T1 Gen visa (extension) and wish to extend again, can I actually do that providing all the points requirements are met?

Kind Regards,

Nezinho
If you already have your extended Tier 1, doesn't that mean you have already been in the UK for 5 years? Initially, under the old Highly Skilled migrant scheme, you would have been granted 2 years stay, and then upon extension, a further 3 years. You should now be applying for ILR since you have been here 5 years, not another extension of Tier 1

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 am

nezinho wrote:The question I have is:

Kind Regards,

Nezinho
Yes you can.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:09 am

bex_m wrote: If you already have your extended Tier 1, doesn't that mean you have already been in the UK for 5 years? Initially, under the old Highly Skilled migrant scheme, you would have been granted 2 years stay, and then upon extension, a further 3 years. You should now be applying for ILR since you have been here 5 years, not another extension of Tier 1
It depends on when he entered in UK. ILR clock starts when person first land in UK. So if a person landing anytime after 28 days of visa/EC approval he is most likely to apply for 2nd extension.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Just for information:

It is entirely upto the applicant whether he wishes to apply for ILR (when he qualifies) or further extend his leave to remain in the same category.

It is not mandatory to apply for ILR just because one qualifies for it. It is the applicant's choice!!

regards