ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raheelalam
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Visa

Post by raheelalam » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi,
I am currently living in the UK under Tier 1 General visa and my wife has got a dependent visa on me.

We are expecting our first child and i was wondering would he/she require a visa as well or what is the overall procedure regarding this.

Regards,

Raheel

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 General Visa

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm

raheelalam wrote:Hi,
I am currently living in the UK under Tier 1 General visa and my wife has got a dependent visa on me.

We are expecting our first child and i was wondering would he/she require a visa as well or what is the overall procedure regarding this.

Regards,

Raheel
please go through this link you will find answers to most of ur queries

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settle ... 8174588url

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Initially apply for the passport at the embassy... once you get that.. pls see apply as a normal dependent visa application ..

pls see the link provided by aruni... esply 7.14
SET7.14 What is the position of Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1989 but who are not British Citizens?
Immigration Rules paragraphs 304 & 305
ECOs will rarely deal with this category.
Before 1 January 1983, every person born in the United Kingdom was automatically British. The British Nationality Act 1981, which came into effect on 1 January 1983, stated that a person born in the United Kingdom after that date would only be a British Citizen if either of the parents was a British Citizen or was settled in the UK.
A child born in the United Kingdom who is not a British Citizen is subject to immigration control. The parents of such a child will normally regularise the child's immigration status, e.g. by applying to the Home Office to have the child given the same leave to remain as themselves. This means that if the child leaves the United Kingdom with its parents, e.g. for a holiday, re-entry will be allowed within the child's existing leave to remain.
However, there will be instances when a child leaves the United Kingdom without leave to remain having been authorised and therefore requires an entry clearance to return. In these circumstances, the ECO should be satisfied that the applicant meets the conditions set out in paragraph 305.