ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employement Gap 4 month on work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DAVID_NEW
Newly Registered

Employement Gap 4 month on work permit

Post by DAVID_NEW » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Would it affect my ILR if i'd a gap on work permit for 4 months between 2 jobs, But the work permit was not cancelled that time, Actually i got another job after 2 months time, but the work permit process took another 2 months that time

I finished my 4 years on work permit, Now thinking about applying ILR, Would it be problem for my ILR

Thanks

george_by
Newly Registered

Re: Employement Gap 4 month on work permit

Post by george_by » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:26 pm

DAVID_NEW wrote:Hi Everyone,

Would it affect my ILR if i'd a gap on work permit for 4 months between 2 jobs, But the work permit was not cancelled that time, Actually i got another job after 2 months time, but the work permit process took another 2 months that time

I finished my 4 years on work permit, Now thinking about applying ILR, Would it be problem for my ILR
It is no way of Home Office knowing about this gap unless you volunteered this information to them, or your previous employer notified them that your employment ended before this 4 months gap, or your leave to remain expired during this gap. For HO to find out when your employment actually terminated, they would have to ask your previous employer, or Inland Revenue - i.e. launch an investigation. They won't do that unless you give them very good reason to do so.

George